
Well, Parent/Teacher Conferences are officially over for the school year. Aside from the one parent telling me I am ridiculous for not accepting late work and another parent conferencing with me for 45 minutes (when 15 is the max), things went well! You can always tell, when meeting parents, why kids are the way they are. The old saying, "The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree" holds a lot of truth! :) Some children are quiet and sweet just like their parents, while others are boisterous and "interesting" just like their parents. No matter what though, I learned early on in teaching that God always places who He wants in my classroom. There is nothing random about my selection of kids...all 27 of them were carefully placed by God. I try my very best to keep that in mind on the days when I just want to throw the towel in and find a new career. My kids are great though...there is something I love about each one.
During conferences, we had a Book Fair. Teachers filled out wish lists of books they'd like to have donated to their classroom library. Five of my students' families donated books, so that was definitely a plus!
Now I get to enjoy the 3-day weekend ahead of me. Happy Veteran's Day to all tomorrow! I'll be enjoying breakfast with CJ, as it is our 10-month anniversary tomorrow. We're finally in the double-digits! :) Much Love to everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment