Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Today's Thoughts...

Well, last week at this time, I was down in the dumps and feeling rather blue. This week some other comments blew me away, but this time they were good! Yesterday the kids got to go home at 12:30 while the teachers stayed and had meetings until 4. The teachers were all working with their grade levels while the Principal, Social Workers, Dean, and PE teacher were in another room discussing discipline. After the meetings were over, the PE teacher stopped me in the hall and said, "I just wanted to tell you that your name came up in our meeting, and a lot of nice comments were said about you by other staff members, such as how you really get along well with the students." She then went on to say, "You're very respected among the staff." I nearly cried again because of how much that meant to me...God knew just what I needed to hear after last week! I thanked her profusely and briefly explained my disappointing day with the kids last week. It just gave me that extra boost to keep doing what I'm doing...and doing it with the strength that God gives me each day. I definitely felt a lot better when driving to work this morning!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I was reading in my Christianity Today magazine about how eugenics has made a lethal comeback. The authors were comparing modern-day eugenics to the movement 80 years ago! Back then it was Darwin's theories and Hitler's actions that led to racism and discrimination among certain types of people. Today the thoughts and actions are resurfacing...scientists are using human embryos to find cures for diseases, women are selecting their artificial-inseminated babies' fathers based on levels of intelligence or gifts, parents are being pressured by doctors to abort imperfect fetuses, and one of the most disturbing to me: some ethicists are arguing that it's ok to kill disabled children after they are born!!!

"English scientists are attempting to create 'designer babies' by transplanting the nucleus of a woman with defective mitochondria into the healthy egg of another woman. It's the first step toward genetic engineering of human beings."

The article just infuriates me because this is obviously not God's plan. As the authors state towards the end of the article, "As we celebrate the Incarnation this month, we are reminded that every stage is precious in God's design." God help the world!!!

1 comment:

Bipin Sen said...

hey great job in getting favor with your fellow workers! it's a sure sign that god is blessing the work of your hands!