
I scanned this article out of CJ's school's newspaper, "The Chronicle." Being that I forgot to bring my camera to CJ's 3-point and free throw basketball competition last Wednesday night, I was elated to find my husband's winnings (and picture) in the newspaper. I know the print is difficult to read...I have yet to master everything there is to know about scanning.
Anyway, each year CJ enters his school's 3-point and free throw shoot-out competition against many other guys (and even a few girls). The first year CJ competed (2005), he placed first in both competitions (I was the very proud girlfriend of the winner). The second year (2006) CJ placed first in the 3-point shoot-out and second in the free-throw competitions (I was the very proud fiance). And wouldn't you know again this year, CJ placed 1st in the 3-point shoot-out and second in the free-throw competitions (I was the very proud wife this year). :) Out of 25 three-point shots, CJ scored 19 in the first round and 21 in the second round...a total of 40 out of 50 shots...WOW!!! Out of the 50 free throws, CJ made 46 of them (the winner made 48).
I've said it before, and I'll say it again because I am just so proud of my man...I think the NBA is missing out on a fantastic player! The boy can dribble, shoot, and play great defense! For all of the time and energy CJ puts into basketball, it is only fair that he earns the title of the contest champion three years in a row. It's quite amusing to sit on the side lines while he's competing and hear the others around me comment on him. I'll hear things like, "Man, Sanford never misses a shot!," or "This contest is over...we might as well not even continue competing."
I grew up abhoring gym class and all sports (I still pretty much do), but I could sit and watch CJ play ball all day long. I am truly his #1 fan, and while the NBA is missing out, I know I'm not. He is so passionate about the game of basketball, and over the past 2+ years of our relationship, I am learning to appreciate his passion and really try to understand it. I have never met someone as dedicated to the game as CJ...he literally eats, breathes, sleeps, plays, and lives basketball.
But you know what I love about CJ the most?? I know if it came down to it, he would choose me over basketball...he always puts me first...and that is what allows me to appreciate his passion for the game even more. I am so proud of you babe...and I love you!
2 comments:
Congrats...
Oh wow. CJ, please remember us when you realize your glory! :-)
Congrats. Those are amazing stats - regardless of what sport it is.
Post a Comment