I officially have less than one month left of this school year...and I am looking forward to the end this year. As I've stated in the past, it's been a really rough year (despite how happy everyone looks in all of the pictures I take at school). :) It seems this group of children...born in 1995/1996...are extremely immature for their age. Most days I don't feel I've reached any of them, and that is the most frustrating thing to me as a teacher.
I am one of 15 teachers who received a summer school position this year...this will be my 4th year teaching summer school in my district. Teaching summer school is not so bad...4 hours a day, Friday's off, and the pay is unbeatable (that is, until I have children and want to be a stay-at-home Mommy during the summer months). :) This year the district decided to do away with the previous curriculum and try something new...so I am very excited about that. The students will take one 1/2-day field trip per week to a location inside the school and participate in activities that correlate with previous days' work. Then, we will take two all-day field trips to locations outside of the school. Plus, this year for the first time, the students will be participating in physical activities. I think they are trying to make summer school as fun as possible. So I am looking forward to the new challenge that awaits me. I'll be teaching 5th grade this summer, so I'm sure I'll have a lot of familiar faces...even ones that are in my current classroom.
As for CJ, his semester ends this week (YAY)!!! He is down to his LAST semester of college...he will finish up this fall (another YAY)!!! We are both so excited (and ready) for him to finally be done. I am SO proud of him. CJ will start his annual summer job at his school next Monday. He'll join the rest of the work world during the day and work about 12 hours a day. Needless to say, we both stay busy in the summer...working extra hours.
So that about sums it up for our update...
No comments:
Post a Comment