...amazed, astonished, astounded, bowled (over), dumbfounded, flabbergasted, floored, shocked, startled, stunned, stupefied, befuddled, bewildered, confounded, confused, discomfited, disconcerted, dismayed, muddled, nonplussed, perplexed, knocked for a loop, taken aback, taken by surprise...
...all words/phrases that we as humans experience frequently for various reasons and situations.
...but isn't it so comforting to know that God is never taken by surprise? He has known everything since the beginning of time...and He knows how everything will continue to go for the rest of time...
...God was not, in any way, surprised by the fact that CJ was going to lose his job on Monday, June 29, 2009. In fact, He has known since the beginning of time that it was going to happen. And even though our human minds cannot always wrap our minds around why things happen, God's grace is sufficient, His peace is perfect, and my faith has been increased ten-fold...
...we look forward with great anticipation to what God has for our future...we place our complete faith and trust in Him...we know that through Him, all things are possible (even the seemingly impossible)...and now, we do covet your prayers as CJ begins his new job search...please pray for God's guidance and direction over his life...pray for peace, strength, and increased faith so that we both stay focused on God's calling...and we will give all of the praise, honor, and glory to God...for He is the one who gives and takes away...there will be an end to this trouble, but until that day comes...still I will praise YOU, still I will praise YOU...AMEN!!!
1. Psalm 37:4 (NLT) Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you your heart’s desires.
2. Psalm 37:25 (NLT) Once I was young, and now I am old. Yet I have never seen the godly abandoned or their children begging for bread.
3. Isaiah 59:1 (CEV) The Lord hasn't lost his powerful strength; he can still hear and answer prayers.
4. Malachi 3:10 (NLT) Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, “I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won’t have enough room to take it in! Try it! Put me to the test!
5. Matthew 6:30-34 (Msg.) If God gives such attention to the appearance of wildflowers—most of which are never even seen—don't you think he'll attend to you, take pride in you, do his best for you? What I'm trying to do here is to get you to relax, to not be so preoccupied with getting, so you can respond to God's giving. People who don't know God and the way he works fuss over these things, but you know both God and how he works. Steep your life in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. Don't worry about missing out. You'll find all your everyday human concerns will be met. Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes.
6. Matthew 7:7-8; 11 (NLT) Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened.
7. Matthew 21:22 (Amp.) And whatever you ask for in prayer, having faith and [really] believing, you will receive.
8. Luke 12:6-7 (NIRV) Aren't five sparrows sold for two pennies? But God does not forget even one of them. In fact, he even counts every hair on your head! So don't be afraid. You are worth more than many sparrows.
9. Luke 12:22-31 (NLT) Then, turning to his disciples, Jesus said, “That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food to eat or enough clothes to wear. For life is more than food, and your body more than clothing. Look at the ravens. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for God feeds them. And you are far more valuable to him than any birds! Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? And if worry can’t accomplish a little thing like that, what’s the use of worrying over bigger things? Look at the lilies and how they grow. They don’t work or make their clothing, yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are. And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith? And don’t be concerned about what to eat and what to drink. Don’t worry about such things. These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers all over the world, but your Father already knows your needs. Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and he will give you everything you need."
10. Romans 8:32 (NCV) He did not spare his own Son but gave him for us all. So with Jesus, God will surely give us all things.
11. Philippians 4:19 (NCV) My God will use his wonderful riches in Christ Jesus to give you everything you need.
12. 1 John 5:14-15 (NCV) And this is the boldness we have in God's presence: that if we ask God for anything that agrees with what he wants, he hears us. If we know he hears us every time we ask him, we know we have what we ask from him.
5 comments:
i had to read this twice over before it sank in! i am SO sorry to hear the news. you're right - its no surprise to the lord. but that doesn't minimize the surprise it brings us. hope you guys keep well, and that cj enjoys his unexpected time home. and that there's a job out there for him!
Lori, I am sorry to hear about CJ losing his job. You have got a great attitude and God will honor that. Scott was out of work for 6 weeks this year and God was amazing. We had checks coming in the mail that were unexpected and he provided for all our needs. Just keep your faith. You will be in our prayers.
Your spiritual maturity absolutely amazed me! You just don't know what a blessing it is for me to see how you are trusting in God for your needs! God loves you even more than I do; that's something I cannot comprehend b/c I love you SO, SO much!! Love to all, Moomy XO XO xo
Lori,
Girlll.... I am soooo proud of you! I love your willingness to be open & share your trial and your GREAT Faith in our GREAT God.
Your words are very encouraging. You best believe that the Smith family will call out to God daily on behalf of you & CJ.
Love Ya!
We are so sorry to hear that CJ lost his job! God is great though and He will send CJ the perfect job for him! I have been looking for a more permanent spot now for six months and while it does get frustrating at times, I know I haven't gotten one yet because God hasn't sent me the "one" yet. I have faith that CJ and I will be employed at a great place soon!
Post a Comment