1. For the past few weeks, every single person we pass at "Meiners" (also known to the rest of us as "Meijer") and anywhere else we go has the opportunity to engage in a very specific dialogue with Triniti (and it's not easy for one to ignore her...she is a very persistent little girl):
Triniti: (screams out) HIIIII!
Stranger: Well hello there!
Triniti: HOW YOU???
Stranger: (Laughs) I'm fine...how are you?
Triniti: Good! BYE! BYE! (Waves)
2. During my pregnancy, I purchased a set of 15 books that all came with the story on a cd. I've never taken them out for Trin because they are the "top shelf" books (meaning Trin cannot use these books until she's old enough to know that books are not meant to be torn to tiny pieces and thrown away in the garbage). Well, this past Sunday she was literally begging me for a "top shelf" book, so I gave in and decided to let her listen to her first story on cd. I got everything ready to go...the story was about a girl (Ginny) and her dog. Everytime we were supposed to turn the page in the book, the dog would bark. Trin listened to most of the story before she got bored and wanted to move on to another activity. So I put the book and cd back in her room and thought that was the end of it. The very next day, Trin walked up to the cd player, bent down until she was eye level with it, and said, "Puppy? Jimmy?" I started cracking up. I couldn't believe she remembered the story from the day before. And I thought it was cute how she thought "Ginny" was "Jimmy." I had to help her out with that one. ;)
3. Trin now requests specific songs for CJ to play...her two favorites are "Got to be There" by the Jackson 5 and "Let me Know" by Kanye West. She loves to sing along. She also enjoys singing "Jesus Loves Me" and "The Itsy Bitsy Spider." She can sing the entire alphabet song (when she's in the mood) and count from 1-10.
4. Trin's favorite things to say are:
- Bu-fa-fa (Beautiful)
- Awww Mannn!
- Care Bears (fruit snacks)
5. Trin's favorite things to do are:
- Climb up on her step stool, look at herself in the mirror, and say, "Hi Tin-ti-tee!"
- Pick up her baby doll, pat it, and say, "It's Okay, Baby!"
- Go Bye Bye (anywhere...as long as she's out of the house...hmm...wonder who she gets that from?!?)
- Color in her coloring book from Pappaw and Gram
- Play video games with Daddy (she pretends her carton of eggs is a video game controller)
1 comment:
Doll-Baby, Pappaw and Gram can't WAIT to see you in November!!!!!
We need our "Triniti fix"!!
Love you big gobs, Gram XO XO
Post a Comment