Saturday, December 03, 2005

A little bit of poetry...






Our Wedding Day Poem
by: Sherelyn Whittum Yancey

On the outside
We look different
I am black
I am white
I am male
I am female
Yet on the inside
We seem so similar
Created from the same clay
The Lord God formed us
I say, "At long last..."
I say, "Finally I have found..."
Bone of my bone
Soul of my soul
My wife
My husband
My sweetheart
My friend
I leave my family
You cleave to me
We are now a couple
And still individuals
Oneness is calling
United in purpose
Sojourners in following
Our Lord Jesus Christ
Let us return to the garden
Let us dance in the Son
Let us celebrate the love
That has joined us as ONE.
I thought this poem was so beautiful...and so fitting for CJ and me. I hope to incorporate it somehow in our wedding.

No comments: