
~Mr. Muscles by the palm tree on the beach~

~We got upgraded to first class on our flight home!!!~

~Me at the aquarium at Atlantis~

~Mr. Shark @ Atlantis~

~Me by the hut on the beach~

~Mr. Competitive scoring in pool volleyball~

~THE ATLANTIS!!! A place we hope to one day return to and actually stay at~

~CJ @ Atlantis~
So that's our honeymoon in a nutshell. Overall, our honeymoon was wonderful...relaxing, fun, entertaining, full of food, sun, and water, etc. When we arrived in our room, we saw two double beds, as opposed to one king bed. I mean, I'm sure my parents wouldn't have minded that we slept in separate beds all week, but CJ and Lori just weren't having that! Then, to make matters worse, there was NO hot water in the shower, and the toilet was running constantly. Needless to say, the newlyweds weren't so happy. Me, being the sweet, kind hearted person that I am, went down to the check-in desk to nicely complain. :) I received no satisfaction whatsoever from the man behind the desk. I went back a second time a few hours later and spoke to a woman...still nothing. I was told, "Sorry ma'am, we are overbooked. There are no other rooms available for tonight. Please check back first thing in the morning and we should have something for you." Then she handed me two t-shirts as a consolation for our inconveniences.
So, CJ and I "squished" together on a double bed for the evening, took a 2-minute shower the next morning, and hoped for a better room. We did get moved to a different room, and yes, this room did have a king size bed and hot water in the shower, but the toilet was leaking profusely all over the bathroom floor! I decided to go complain a third time. For all the money we paid for this trip, I wasn't happy about the problems we were experiencing. Well, thanks to all of my complaining, CJ and I landed two free 40-minute massages!!! We took that and accepted it gladly.
On to bigger and better things...CJ and I went parasailing on our second day. It was SO much fun. All we saw was crystal clear water below us...it was gorgeous! We wished the ride would have lasted longer, but that's how it goes. We also enjoyed two relaxing full body massages during the week. The first massage was in a little tiki hut right by the pool, and the second one was in a tiki hut right on the beach! It was awesome...something out of a movie! We got to "fly" on a trapeze...CJ did cool tricks; I just swung from the bar. I left my camera in the room on that day. :( I enjoyed the giant trampoline...I tried doing a few tricks that I learned in gymnastics in my younger days. CJ played basketball and pool volleyball a lot...and as always, I was his #1 fan on the sidelines. We relaxed in the pool a lot too. And while we weren't doing all of the above, we ATE, ATE, ATE!!! This place had food 24 hours a day...anything we wanted to eat was available to us. I tried bbq duck (very good), konch (squid, also very good), grouper (yummy fish), and escargot (snails...not so good). It was exciting to try different foods that I normally wouldn't order at a restaurant here at home. Since everything was included in our trip, we were able to try anything and everything. They also had "normal" foods such as steak, ribs, etc. The food was phenomenal.
On our last flight home from Ft. Lauderdale, where we had a 4-hour layover, CJ's seat got switched so that we wouldn't be sitting together on the plane anymore. We notified the check-in counter that we were newlyweds and wanted to sit by each other as originally planned. She said she would work it out for us...and that she did! She moved us to first class where we were treated like royalty! We got a full meal, plus two desserts. It was lovely...a very nice way to end our honeymoon.
2 comments:
thanks for the details.. now that sounds like a great time! sorry about all the fuss with the rooms. i'm glad you kept your cool and didn't let it ruin the whole week.
WOW what a time, at least you got some nice compensations for your problems. They are fun memories to have and look back on!
Post a Comment