Thursday, December 14, 2006

CJ and I finally got our wedding album yesterday!!! We were both discussing how on one hand, it seems like our wedding was a lifetime ago, yet on the other hand, it seems like only yesterday we were saying our vows and becoming "Mr. and Mrs." for the first time. Regardless of how it feels, we will have been married for 5 months on December 28th, and it is so nice to have our highly-anticipated album to keep and look at over and over.

I was so disappointed to find out at 4:30 PM yesterday afternoon from Shannon Kotynski that Shine.FM called our name on the air to win the "6th Day of Christmas" prizes! Shannon called and left me a message at 8:35 yesterday morning, but my students were already in the classroom by then, so my phone was put away. Johnny Hamstra called CJ around the same time, gave him the number to the radio station, but by the time CJ called, he was 6 minutes too late. :( Poor CJ had no clue what was even going on...he doesn't listen to Shine.FM, and I didn't tell him about the contest going on. So when Johnny called him, he was thinking, "Huh???" Oh well, at least he tried! After being disappointed with the fact that I missed hearing my name and didn't win the prizes, I told myself that maybe the person who did end up winning yesterday needed the prizes a whole lot more than I did...and in that case, I would want them to have the prizes instead. It was still disappointing, however, because I never win anything!!! Oh well! Maybe next time...

So I'm down to 1 week before Christmas break begins! I'm taking off next Wednesday to get stuff done before CJ and I leave for Tennessee, so next week I'll only have to work 3 1/2 days. The Superintendent of my school is dismissing the students at 12:30 next Friday and then the Principal is serving us lunch afterwards! THEN...I am officially on vacation until January 8th. CJ will be on vacation until January 3rd...so we will definitely enjoy our time off together (most of it will be spent in Tennessee). We have a Bulls/Suns game to look forward to on January 2nd (go Steve Nash on the Suns). :)

This weekend is CJ's cousin's graduation from Indiana State University...maybe I'll have some new pictures to post from that. Our little nephew, Elijah, got all of his hair cut off, so I'm excited to see that and take some pictures. :) Have a great weekend everyone!!!

2 comments:

Bipin Sen said...

awww.. that's really sad. the only thing i've ever won on the radio was a $250 visa card for answering a geography question correctly. that money was not spent very wisely. oh well.. at least it was cool to win it.

what prize did you not win?

Clair Boone @ www.mummydeals.org said...

yeah, that's what I wanna know, what could you have won? and Bipin, really that's a great prize!!! $250 smacks!! wow! I've won tickets to Arlington (didn't go) and a boat cruise (my parents went) Oh and my infamous tickets to the premiere of Tom Hank's Road to Perdition. He was about 10 rows behind us but I was more star struck by meeting the radio host where I won the tickets than Mr Hanks!!!!