Thursday, February 08, 2007

I'm Still Alive...barely!

Gosh, it's been quite some time since I last updated my Blog. Work has been kicking my butt lately! I am not kidding when I say that I was asleep by 7:30 on Tuesday night and 8:00 last night!! So being that it's currently 9:00, I'm up past my bedtime here. I am so exhausted this week.

On a positive note, I thought to get myself ready for the upcoming Valentine's Day...I would relay a heartwarming story to you from a book that my Mom bought CJ and me several months before we got married. Here it goes...enjoy!

"You only get out of marriage what you put into it."

A young entrepreneur starts with an idea for a unique, new product. He carefully lays plans for a start-up business, calculating revenues and expenses. He meets with consultants, accountants, and attorneys. He works hard to sell the concept to banks and investors to raise capital. In time he leases space, purchases equipment, and hires employees. Finally he is ready to begin. He works hard, pouring himself into the business, determined to make it succeed. And it does.

But does he now merely sit back, relax, and enjoy the fruit of his labor? No! He works harder than ever, while conjuring up ideas for improving efficiency, bettering customer relations, bolstering profits.

If a marriage is to last a lifetime, it requires the same level of devotion and energy. Both partners must give 100 percent (or as CJ and I say, 110% if possible). Each must be available to the other when needed, fully present, ready to listen, to talk, to act. Both spouses must pour their heart and soul into this enterprise, making whatever sacrifice necessary to ensure success.

Yet what an investment! The payoff is a rich, healthy, loving relationship that lasts. And everyone involved reaps countless rewards.

Sound good? Devote time and energy to your marriage.

~Whoever sows generously will also reap generously.~ 2 Corinthians 9:6

~This story was taken from Married for Life: Inspirations from those married 50 years or more.~

1 comment:

Bipin Sen said...

sorry to hear about all the work at work. i know what it is to feel tired like that.

that was a nice story! thanks for sharing.