
...So I was on my way to work this morning, keeping up with traffic pretty well in my anti-snow Mustang, if I do say so myself. I had just gotten to my half-way point when my phone rang. Figuring it was my Dad, I quickly grabbed my phone to tell him I had to concentrate on driving and couldn't talk...and also add that I was jealous of his 30 degree, DRY weather in Tennessee. To my surprise, the person on the other end wasn't my dad...it was a co-worker telling me the news that most children and school workers long to hear..."School has been cancelled today." I politely thanked my co-worker for the call, although inside I was actually kind of bummed. Had I received the call two hours earlier, I could have still been in bed under the warm covers asleep! Instead, I had to pull into the Dunkin Donuts (how convenient), order a #2 combo, and drive on home.
The drive home was even better than the drive half-way to school...the roads were clear, and I even got to drive the speed limit (instead of 10 under). So then I started wondering, "Why in the world is school cancelled today? In my opinion, the weather was 5x worse last Tuesday than today. Great...now this means that instead of my last day of school being June 5th, I now have to go until June 6th. Oh, and what about the annual Union party that was supposed to take place after school today? I was looking forward to seeing my friends from other schools in the district, eating pizza, and possibly even winning a raffle prize like I have for the past 4 years. Now that I'm half-way to school, I'd rather just go in."
But here I am...at home, in front of my computer, drinking my Dunkin Donuts coffee and eating my Dunkin Donuts blueberry muffin, not quite sure what to do with myself on this first snow day that I have ever experienced as a teacher. Do I go play in the snow?? On second thought, NO! I just spent the last 30 minutes shoveling, and I can't quite feel my legs from the knees up. I guess I'll just stay inside all day and cozy up under the covers. And then I'll say, "SURPRISE!!!" to CJ when he gets home and finds me here. :)
Have a great day everyone...snow day or not!
No comments:
Post a Comment