Wednesday, April 25, 2007

My 27th Birthday Surprises...




~The flowers and balloons that CJ surprised me with!~
~The flowers and balloon that my parents had sent to me.~
~CJ also surprised my students with Beggars Pizza, pop, and cake.~
~CJ put '??' on the cake instead of '27' and told the kids that he was taught at a young age to never ask a woman her age. haha My students already knew I was turning 27 today.~

~My favorite type of cake...chocolate cake with white whipped cream icing and fresh strawberries inside.~
~Zachary & Carl~
~Me -n- Marquise~
~Me -n- Tiana~
~Chyance, CJ, and Tresjea~
~Me -n- Quiara~
~Me -n- Jessica~
~Chyance, CJ, and Tresjea again~
~Me -n- Chyance~


~Me, Shaela, -n- Tiana~
~Me -n- Trevion~
So today is my birthday and I was kind of in a sad mood because the day just seemed so ordinary. CJ and I had already agreed that we would wait to celebrate my birthday on Saturday (April 28th) because he and I had such crazy school/work schedules today, but I just felt like the day was anything but special for me. Well, that first changed when I walked into my school's office at lunch time and disovered a vase full of flowers with a balloon attached. I knew it could only be from either my parents or CJ...it was from my parents. They send me flowers to work every year on my birthday. That put a smile on my face! Then,my wonderful husband arrived to my classroom at 1:30 and surprised me with a beautiful bouquet of flowers and about a gazillion balloons. He then said, "Wait...there's more." CJ came back to my room with pizza, pop, and cake for the students to help celebrate my special day.
He obviously remembered to bring the camera as well to take pictures of the event. He definitely brightened up my day. CJ's wish on his birthday (if you watched the video on my Blog) was that he could make my birthday just as special as his was...and he succeeded! I am still looking forward to Saturday, but my actual birthday turned out to be a wonderful day. Thanks babe for all that you do...you are the best, and I am so thankful that God gave me you to celebrate my life with. I love you!!!
And thank you God for blessing the past 27 years of my life. I am still so amazed at how God chose the life I would live. I am so thankful for all of the blessings that He has poured out on my life. I look forward to each new year of life and the wonderful things that God has in store for me. He is so good!!!





4 comments:

Clair Boone @ www.mummydeals.org said...

Happy Birthday, Lori! Glad to hear it was a good one. To answer your question: mine was April 5. Have a great day Saturday!!! What are you guys doing?

Bipin Sen said...

Happy birthday! That cake looks delicious!

Kelly B said...

Happy Birthday, sweetie! I am so happy you found someone who treats you as you deserve. Give CJ a big hug from your former roomie and stand-in big sister. And have a wonderful celebration!
Love, Kel

Kathy said...

HAPPY HAPPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Looks like you were totally spoilt. Your trip downtown looks great, we love downtown too. Connor LOVES to run through the water!