
So today the entire school that I work at had to do a practice evacuation drill where we all had to vacate the school and walk a few blocks to a nearby Church. We were all enjoying our walk back...the weather was beautiful, and the kids (and teachers) got a break and were able to talk. As my group of children was getting ready to cross the last street before reaching our school, I noticed a shiny, black, brand new BMW (I probably noticed it because it's my favorite car that I hope to own one day). Anyway, apparently the man driving the garbage truck a few feet away from the BMW didn't take notice of the gorgeous car...instead, the driver of the garbage truck was noticing me (and all of my students)...and I kid you not...as he was turning the corner, he took off the front end of the BMW! My heart sank as I heard the "crunch, crackle, crunch" on the BMW being torn apart. I felt so bad for the driver of the BMW because I could tell it was a brand new car, and he must have been so stunned and in a state of disbelief. The driver of the BMW jumped out of his car immediately and was slightly angry! I'm not quite sure as to the ending of the story because I had to get my children back to school...but that gorgeous BMW was ruined because a garbage truck driver was turning the corner while looking at me (and my students) instead of the road (and BMW that he was obviously too close to).
The entire scene reminded me of something one might see in a movie...I never thought those scenes actually happened in real life...
2 comments:
I know what you mean. I saw a TERRIBLE looking accident on 80 when we were coming home Sunday. We saw a car spin out and hit a semi. We saw the people running from the car, including a woman whose head was bleeding; she was holding a toddler boy. It was so scary! The front passenger side looked like it was totally smashed, but everyone was out of the car. Makes me glad I believe in prayer!
Wow. I'm glad everyone lived. Cars are just steel and paint, and replaceable. People are not.
Post a Comment