I'm Pregnant!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, that's right...the Colbert's will be expanding their family to include one more next spring! As most of you already know, CJ and I decided to start trying for a baby back in January. It only took 5 months for God to bless us with our first pregnancy! I found out on July 19th that I was 5 weeks pregnant and due around March 22, 2008. So that makes me 8.5 weeks right now. I have been blessed with excellent health the entire pregnancy...no morning sickness and only slight nausea on some days. I also haven't had any cravings or aversions, so for both, I am thankful! Everything really seems normal, and I don't necessarily 'feel' pregnant (although everyone assures me that this will soon change). :)
My first of two ultrasounds is scheduled for this Friday, August 17th. CJ and I will get to hear our baby's heartbeat for the very first time, and the estimated due date will be confirmed. Since my Mom is visiting us from Tennessee until next Sunday, I invited her to go along to the ultrasound to hear her grandbaby's heartbeat. Needless to say, she is ecstatic!
When my Dad found out I was pregnant, he told my Mom that they had to change their annual fall vacation from Myrtle Beach to the Colbert's house! So they'll be coming up for a week in October, and God bless them, they are going to help us begin the baby's room. Since we won't find out the gender until November, they can only help us do half of the room...once we find out the gender, CJ and I can finish the other half up. We are so thankful for their willingness to help out and be as much a part of this as possible, being 8 hours away from us. :(
CJ really, really, really (tons of really) wants a girl, which surprised me since he lives, breathes, eats, sleeps, etc. sports!!! I figured he'd want a boy to follow in his footsteps (not that a girl can't play sports...that's not at all what I am implying). But, according to him, he wants a girl to cuddle and spoil. If anyone tells us we're having a boy, he will not believe them. haha He is convinced already that we're having a girl, and he only refers to the baby as 'she.' As for me, I just want a baby! Whatever God gives us will be a blessing, and we both know that.
As for names...we started discussing names way before we ever got married. If it's a boy, we will name him Thais Mikele (pronounced Ty-us Mik-hail). As for a girl, I am still undecided, and CJ said that I can make the final decision (lucky me). The girl's name will either be Triniti RayAnn or Sadie Ryelle. CJ's pick is Sadie. I have loved the name Triniti ever since The Matrix came out several years ago, but I do have a cousin that named her daughter Trinity two years ago, so I am a little hesitant on going with that name. Who knows though?!?
Well, that about covers it. I'm still trying to come up with a name for our baby while he/she is still a growing fetus. Any suggestions?? Maybe once I see the ultrasound on Friday, I will be able to name the fetus. :) For now...my life has evolved into 'weeks.' Welcome to the world of pregnancy, right????
6 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN!! We could not be happier for you both!! Don't be dissappointed if you can't hear the heartbeat on Friday. Many Doctors feel it is still too early, but if you do that will be great!! That is the best sound ever!! I can't wait to see baby Colbert's first picture!! We called Braden "peanut" when we saw him for the first time because that is what he looked like!
CONGRATS!!! We are so happy for you. You guys will be great parents! Enjoy these coming months.
This is so exciting! I have been waiting for you to make it 'public.'
BTW, I am exactly 3 wks & 1 day ahead of you ;) It's so nice to go through this with a friend...
As for what to call the baby... we called Miranda "Flippy" because she was flipping during our first ultrasound. We saw this baby last week and started calling him/her "Fishy" because s/he's so small and squirmy. It will probably just come to you...
Have a blast. This will be one of the best times of your life. Congrats again!
How fun, congratulations. Lindsey told me and I didn't want to say anything until u did. How exciting!!!! Yes you will feel pregnant soon, and hearing the heart beat can be quite surreal.
I hope you have an incredible pregnancy and can not wait to see pics and read about the progress!
Being a mom is the best E-V-E-R! And there is a totally amazing bonding that goes on between husband and wife during pregnancy. : ) Julia was called "baby bun". Most have better names. but she was the bun in the oven. Thus baby bun. So excited the chair works once again. Todd and Pam really have to start charging for that : )
CONGRATS! Glad to be sharing this with you and what a laf how we both found out!!! Your nickname for the babay is cute - We haven't got a name for ours. our pet name for each other right now is kinda silly so we've named the baby "Little ...." We're pretty embarrassed though so it's just between Tim and I!! lots a love!
Post a Comment