Saturday, December 01, 2007

24-Week Doctor Appointment...

I had my 24-week pregnancy appointment yesterday afternoon and found out some interesting information that I did not have prior knowledge of. I was informed that my RH factor is negative. I am among the small 15% of Caucasians to have this...and I received it genetically from my Mom. Since there is a good chance that my blood is incompatible with Triniti's, I will have to have two rounds of Rhogam (a shot). I will receive my first one on December 21st at my next appointment and then again within 72 hours after I give birth. It was explained to me yesterday that me being RH negative doesn't really affect baby #1, but rather any subsequent babies. If I were to conceive with another RH positive baby the next time, the antibodies in my blood could attack baby #2's blood.

This is nothing that I am worried about at all...I trust that God will take care of my blood and antibodies, as well as Triniti's. I was just surprised to learn all of this over half-way through my pregnancy! I will also get tested for Gestational Diabetes at my December 21st appointment (pray that I don't have it...I can't live without sweets)!!!! :)

Aside from that, the Doctor said everything looks great and is still calling Triniti a wild child. Uh Oh!! After my December 21st appointment, I start going every two weeks already. I can't believe it. I think time will really start picking up once I have to go every other week. Then at 35 weeks, I'll start going once a week. Wow!!

Happy December everyone...let the countdown to Christmas officially begin!!!

1 comment:

Bipin Sen said...

Don't worry about this kind of stuff. There's nothing you can do about it, and God knows what he's doing anyway. I'm glad everything is going well. We can't wait to meet Triniti! Well.. yes we can, but you know what I mean! :-)