Monday, December 10, 2007

Triniti's Room is Coming Along...

With CJ finishing his fall semester last Thursday, he decided that this past weekend would be ideal to continue on with Triniti's room. This, needless to say, excited me to the fullest! I have been so anxious lately for things to speed along, but there hasn't been any time to work on her room, so this past weekend was highly anticipated!!!



As we begin, CJ taped off the room to prepare the room for painting...





~Great job babe...keep up the good work!~

~We chose the color, "Oh So Pink" for Triniti's top half of the

walls.~



~Here are the gazillion crib pieces that we stared at once

we took them all out of the box and pulled the wrapping

off of...wow!~





~Here is CJ, about half-way through the project.~



~Can you tell by his look that he is tired after 5 hours of

putting together his daughter's crib?~


~...And here you have it...the finished product, along with

the Strawberry -n- Chocolate ice cream swirled walls!~



Triniti's room is exactly how I had been envisioning it since before I ever became pregnant. I absolutely love it...CJ did such an amazing job! I know that Triniti will be very proud of her daddy one day when she looks back on the pictures. I had a thought last night while looking at the crib and verbalized it to CJ..."What are we going to do when Triniti learns how to climb out of the crib onto the attached changing table and hop down?" CJ's reply?? "She will love her crib way too much to want to try to get out." I'm sure he's right. :)



After we return from Tennessee, we'll buy the mattress...and then I'll finally be able to make her bed! Her bedding is sitting in her room just waiting to be used! Even though we won't be using the crib for her to sleep in right away, it's still very exciting to put it all together and see it coming along rather nicely.

~And lastly, I'll leave you with Triniti's huge Santa bag. Even though CJ and I aren't getting her anything for Christmas this year, I know my parents have. So we'll have to bring this with us and fill it up on Christmas morning.~





6 comments:

Unknown said...

Lori, its adorable! I'm so glad it turned out so well! :)

Unknown said...

Oh, and well done CJ! (wow, that's weird not calling him Samford.) Hehe

Kathy said...

The wall color looks good, and so does the crib. Weldone CJ!!

Anonymous said...

Would CJ be willing to come do Charlie's room? Eric hasn't started anything yet (mainly because he is in school for his masters in education and is working full time) but our little man is going to be here in about a month.
Seriously though, the room looks great. Tell CJ he is a wonderful father and husband.

Fabio 'n Elizabeth Tsukayama said...

I feel so embarrassed that I didnt even know you are pregnant until now! Sorry about that! Belated, but CONGRATULATIONS! Sweet name for your little princess, too. :)

Fabio 'n Elizabeth Tsukayama said...

I just read your previous post too, and thought I would throw out that I am also in that RH- minority with you, and all three of my kiddos are RH+. :) Fun stuff!
(I have had GD as well, also fun!)