Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Coolest Milestone in my Pregnancy Thus Far...

I will preface my story below by saying that for about the past week or two, CJ and I have been feeling a really hard "knot" on the right side of my stomach whenever Triniti moves around. It's the coolest thing to feel, but I was never able to see anything. Well, that all changed this morning as I was getting ready for work...

I felt the knot again in the same exact spot and just so happened to glance up into the mirror...and sure enough, I saw what I think was the heel of her foot popping my stomach out! It was, by far, the coolest thing thus far in the past 35 weeks of my pregnancy. Everyone kept telling me, "Just wait until you can see a hand or foot stick out," and I finally got to see it today. She wowed Mommy twice and then stopped. I was hoping for an encore again and again, but no such luck. Maybe tomorrow!

On to other exciting news...my much-anticipated rocking glider chair and ottoman just arrived about 15 minutes ago. CJ, the wonderful husband and daddy-to-be that he is, jumped right up and started putting it together for me. I told him he didn't have to put it together tonight, but he won't hear such things! I'll definitely post pictures of it in the near future.

Tomorrow officially marks week #35...down to the last 5 weeks (give or take, I know). I'm hoping Triniti's birthday will be 5 weeks from Friday (my last day of work is 5 weeks from Thursday). Only God knows...and we all know He doesn't need my help in deciding when Triniti will arrive. :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally know what you mean! I don't remember knowing for sure whether it was a hand or a foot but seeing anything like that was always wild! I remember when Addy was turning all around and it was like my stomach was the ocean... we were amazed (and a bit weirded out to be honest.... hehe) and then when she was born we could see so many of the same stretches and things that she would do in the womb. It was so sweet!

Kelly B said...

How is it possible that YOUR pregnancy seems to be going so much more quickly than mine? :)

That is so cool about seeing little Triniti's foot. I've never seen one, but I do see Kaity's HEAD quite often. It's amazing!

The glider/ottoman will be your favorite thing. I'm glad you got one. Hope you guys are still enjoying every moment :)

Anonymous said...

Yay for feet sticking out! I never got to see Braden's hand or foot, but I sure saw his butt sticking out a lot! :) Enjoy the last 5 weeks of freedom! :)