Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Leave it to the GRANDparents...

There must be a reason why grandparents are so GRAND...in my world, they seem to find out some rather noteworthy things about my daughter before I do. First, if you remember back to my time in Tennessee, my Dad (that would be Pappaw to Triniti) found that Triniti's first tooth had sprouted. Me, being the very conscious-never-miss-a-thing Mom that I am, JUST checked the day before to see if there was anything growing above those gums...nope...not yet Mom. Be patient!!! And then my Dad found it the very next morning. Well, it has happened once again...

I got to CJ's Mom's (Nana) house today to pick up Triniti, and she said to me, "I thought you said Triniti only had one tooth...there are two teeth in there!" Once again, I thought to myself, "I didn't see anything last night." But sure enough, I opened Triniti's mouth and saw that a second tooth had sprouted above the gum...right next to tooth #1. So of course I had to make a HUGE deal about it for Triniti's sake (of course). :)

Day #2 away from Triniti went well. I didn't shed a single tear, nor did I call CJ's Mom at all the entire day!! I figured Triniti is fine without me having to call...if something is wrong, I'LL get the phone call. But let me tell you...once it's time for me to leave work, I fly out of there and can't get to Triniti fast enough. All I can picture the entire ride to her is how much I want to hold her and kiss those adorable cheeks...and I do just that when I see her.

I want to end this post with a HUGE thank you to my dear husband for the massive amount of emotional support he has poured out to me for the past week when reality set in for me. He has really done a great job comforting me and making me realize that everything will be okay. He has also blessed me a lot by helping out extra-much!! So thanks babe for your patience, love, and support for the past week...as well as for your willingness to go the extra mile to help me out with things. I love and appreciate you very much...and I am very grateful for you.

And I continue to thank all of you for your prayers, encouraging words, text messages, voicemails, and e-mails. I have a GREAT circle of family/friends who truly care about what's going on in my life. Thanks everyone!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear things are going well for you and for Triniti now that school has begun. Just think three more days and the weekend is already here!

Anonymous said...

Soon she'll be wanting table food. The girls at work love the picture of her with food all over her face. Lisa even said, "Are those prunes?" I can't believe she could tell from a picture.

Gram said...

Can't WAIT to see your new "pearly whites" when we come to see you, Doll-Baby!! xo xo

Clair Boone @ www.mummydeals.org said...

I am so glad your week went well.....I've been thinking about you a lot and prayed for you. Love ya! Clair