Saturday, August 23, 2008

Triniti's First Trip to the Zoo...

After a very LONG and tiring week away from Triniti, my dear CJ wanted to make sure today was fun for me...so he asked me what I'd like to spend the day doing. Since I left my staff ID at work over the weekend, I knew I couldn't get into any of the Museums or the Shedd for free, so I opted for Lincoln Park Zoo. This was Triniti's very first time to the zoo...as always, she was as laid back and relaxed as ever...just taking it all in. We didn't stay as long as we had anticiped because it was SO hot outside. But we got a few great pics...


~Below, the tiger was kind enough to smile for me.~
~Not quite sure what Mr. Baboon is doing...~
~The MANY faces of CJ...~




~...And one of me (with lopsided eyes).~
~And what would Triniti's first trip to the zoo be without a sovenir??~


*So, I obviously survived my first week back to work. Actually being at work isn't as bad as I thought it would be, but I would still give it up to be a stay-at-home Mommy again. Maybe one day, but for now, work goes on. I have 24 students on my roster, but only 17 showed up both days. I'm sure more will show up after Labor Day...that seems to be the pattern year after year. Speaking of work...I really should be writing lesson plans for next week...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was it dress alike day at the zoo? I saw all the animals dressed in the same Taz shirt. They must have uniforms there. Loved the pics of Triniti and Clair's baby. Very cute. I'm glad you all had a fun day after the week you've had (having to leave Triniti and go back to work).

Gram said...

Lookin' GOOD there, son! And you, too, Lori! As always, Doll-Baby looks like a model... xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear you had a great weekend with your family. Triniti is beautiful as always.