It has always amazed me how intelligent infants and children really are. I don't think we often give them the credit they so deserve. Well, it's no different with my child. The things Triniti is doing lately are really quite hard for me to believe. Is she really old enough to be doing these things already? I find myself asking that question a lot lately. Here are three recent scenarios...
1) She fully knows and understands that her musical caterpillar is in her Daddy's jeep. As soon as she is put in her car seat, she immediately arches her back to find Mr. Caterpillar. And don't even think about getting in her way...I tried it once and my oh my did the tears start flowing! So she obviously is now old enough to understand when a toy of hers has been taken away.
2) She has found her tongue!!! I began noticing earlier this week that she has begun to stick her tongue out (it's quite adorable). So I stuck mine out to see if she would mimic me...and yes, she did. She enjoys sticking her tongue out at Mommy.
3) Up until recently, she was still having difficulty putting her pacifier in her mouth the correct way. Just the other day I purposely pulled it out of her mouth. No sooner did I do that then she snatched the paci out of my hand and stuck it back in her mouth (the correct way).
Where did my baby go??? I know it's only a matter of time before she starts crawling, pulling herself up, walking, talking, and the list goes on. One thing I'm sure most parents can agree with me on is this: children grow up entirely too fast.
4 comments:
Well...let's just hope I can get off for Thanksgiving so I can see my grown up niece. I cannot believe she is growing up this quickly but I knew she'd be a genius...reaching for her toys and correctly putting her paci in. She's so advanced and I am not the least bit biased. It'll be fun when she starts asking questions. That is such a fun time. Give my little teacup a hug and kiss for me. I love you guys.
I don't know if you've had a chance to read my blog (since you have nothing but free time!) but I am going through this same thing now with both girls. And as sad as it can be... it's also so, so wonderful to see this Person grown into every single stage. One day, for example, I happened to catch Miranda realizing that she could walk backwards! I'll never forget it.
For a time, we get to know these people we brought into the world better than we'll ever know anyone. What an amazing gift we have as mommies!
One thing I kmow for sure, is that Doll-baby won't outgrow her need for cuddling... she is so like her Mommy, and as her Grandparents, Pappaw and Gram so enjoy holding her close and giving her lots of hugs. xoxo
It is so sad how fast they grow, but with each new phase in there life brings so much pride. Every new milestone is so fun. Enjoy them all!
Post a Comment