Saturday, January 24, 2009

My 2nd Trip to Community Hospital...

My second trip to Community Hospital did not include giving birth to another baby (thank you, God), but it was a trip I wish I wouldn't have had to make. Last night I started feeling extremely nauseous around 7 PM, so I took some pepto-bismol and made a couple of trips to the bathroom (sorry...not meaning to be gross here). By 8:15 PM, the nausea was worsening, so I called it a night and headed to bed. I thought I would fall asleep for the night and wake up feeling refreshed. I suddenly woke up at 9 PM, rushed to the bathroom, and vomited. For the next three hours, I continued to vomit 8 more times and went diarrhea a total of 5 times (again, sorry for the graphics). By mid-night and 9 rounds of vomiting, CJ and I decided that it was time to take me to the emergency room. Thankfully CJ's Mom only lives about 2 minutes away from the hospital, and she graciously agreed to let us drop Trin off by her on our way. I proceeded to vomit again on the way to the hospital and three more times at the hospital...for a grand total of 13 times!!!!!!!!!!!!

We arrived at the hospital around 12:45 this morning. I was asked a series of questions, gave multiple units of blood, was hooked up to an IV (I was given two complete rounds for my dehydration, plus antibiotics for the nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea), and prayed for the madness to end. I urged CJ to go back to his Mom's to get some rest, but he refused to leave me (thanks babe). I was finally discharged around 5:15 this morning. Needless to say, neither CJ nor I got much rest last night. I am so thankful for God giving me the strength to somehow make it through it all. I have never vomited 13 times...that's rather ridiculous in my opinion! And do you remember my Blog post back in November when CJ and my Dad had to take me to Urgent Care the night after Thanksgiving because I had a severe Migraine and threw up 5 times? So I have now made a trip to the ER twice in the past 8 weeks. I would be fine with never having to visit there again.

I told CJ once I started feeling better this morning, "I don't ever want to visit this hospital again unless I'm visiting a friend or family member in the Labor and Delivery unit!!!"

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh honey! I am sorry! did they say what it was? I hope you feel better soon! Hugs!

Sara said...

Hey Lor,
I guess we all liked hospitals late last night early this morning. Madison has viral croup, but woke up gasping for breath at 11pm last night. After several hours in the ER we arrived home at 2:45 AM. I hope you are feeling better. It is all going around badly. Please pray for Beth, Aaron, and Brianna, because we exposed them last night to Madie and Adam (Adam was throwing up a little too). I've been pleading the blood over them off and on all day. Anyway, love you all.

Unknown said...

you had to get BLOOD!? Oh Lori, that sounds TERRIBLE!

Anonymous said...

Well, little sister, you've got me beat now. My top score was 9 times in one night a few years ago. And, what a great husband, to have by your side throughout the whole ordeal. Kudos to CJ!

Gram said...

THANK YOU to my son, who "helped you puke" and took such loving care of you! (Those of you who know our family well, know the hidden meaning behind "helped you puke"!)

Even though it's all behind you now (no pun intended!), it still "hurts" me to know that there was nothing I could do; for if I could have done something, I would have traded places with you GLADLY... no mother wants to see her 'child' hurting, and that doesn't 'go away' when the 'child' is grown, either!

Love and hugs, Moomy xo xo xo

Seccombe Family of 5 said...

I hope you are feeling better and I will be praying that you can stay away from those Emergency Rooms.

Bipin Sen said...

That sounds horrible! Ugh. What was the diagnosis? Sounds like a severe stomach flu. I had something similar last year, and it lasted 24 hours. Unfortunately I was in San Jose, and had to drag myself home.

Hope you're doing much better now!!