Tuesday, March 03, 2009

CJ the...cook?!?!?

So yesterday, as mentioned in a previous post, I was up at CJ's office enjoying a nice lunch with him and Triniti when I noticed a recipe on his desk. Curious, I asked him what he was doing with a recipe. He explained to me that one of his co-workers made the dish for his wife, said it was really good, and so gave the recipe to CJ. Me, being completely oblivious at this point, said, "Oh, so did Doug give you this recipe for me to make?" That's when CJ just looked at me (rather disappointed I might add) and mumbled, "No, the plan was for ME to make it for you." Of course I felt really bad that I had "ruined" his surprise. Poor CJ forgot to hide the recipe before I got to his office. I assured him that even though I kind of ruined his surprise, I would still be elated if he would go through with his plan. So last night, after working a long day, CJ cooked for me!!! Not only were his efforts truly loving and romantic, but as I've always predicted, his cooking was AWESOME!!!!!!!! I told CJ that after eating his delicious meal last night, I don't think I can any longer accept his excuse of "I can't/don't know how to cook." He just proved himself wrong last night.

So Babe, again, I thank you SO very much for all of the effort you put forth last night in cooking me a special, romantic dinner. You truly touched my heart deeply, and last night will be a lasting memory stored in it. The meal was delicious. I look forward (with great anticipation) to my next meal cooked by Chef CJ. Mmmmm...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, where can I get a man like that? That was very thoughtful of CJ to do. What was for dessert?

Gram said...

All I can say is, "Can you share the recipe with DAD!??" ha ha... seriously though, that was SUCH a thoughtful thing to do, CJ! I admire men who can not only cook, but show emotion and take care of their wives, for a nice "change of pace". WAY T'GO!! Kudos from Mom!!