Monday, March 09, 2009

Funny Story about Triniti...

*While thoroughly enjoying reading everyone else's hilarious stories about their children, I often wondered what funny stories I would tell about my own. This past Saturday, Triniti did something that allows me to share my first funny story about my child. I hope this puts a smile on your face...or even causes you to laugh out loud...

CJ and I are very busy these days with disciplining Triniti and trying to help her understand at her young age how important it is to be obedient, and how Jesus wants her to obey Doddy and Mama. So Saturday afternoon Trin was doing something she was not supposed to be doing (I honestly don't even remember what exactly she was doing). I told her "NO" once, and while she stopped and acknowledged me, she turned around and did the same thing again. She should know by now that after the first "NO," if she disobeys a second time, she gets spanked. So sure enough, after the second time, I spanked her. Imagine my surprise when after I spanked her she shouted out, "Jesus!!!" I had to control myself from bursting out with laughter (CJ, too). I looked at her and said, "Jesus isn't going to save you right now Sweetie. Jesus wants you to obey Doddy and MaMa."

I couldn't believe that of all the times she could have shouted out "Jesus," she chose to call on His name when she was getting spanked. Wow!!!

3 comments:

Bipin Sen said...

ahhh.. haha.. maybe she was appealing to a higher authority to inflict the same punishment to the adults... hehe.. ;-)

great to catch up with you guys! hope to see you soon!

Seccombe Family of 5 said...

Okay, that is way too funny. Don't forget to write that in the baby book.

Gram said...

Jesus is sending help soon, Doll-Baby!! Gram & Pappaw will "save" you =) (JK). When you get older, you will understand that Doddy & MaMa want you to be the best person you can be; that is why they must extend correction from time to time... they love you, and so do we. As does Jesus =)