She took her first FOUR steps!!!!!!!!!!!
I have always gone through scenarios in my mind of how I would react/feel if Triniti hit a major milestone in her life under someone else's care. One of the most difficult things about going back to work when Triniti was five months old was that I would miss all of her "firsts." Several working-mother-friends of mine comforted me by saying that they didn't miss too many of their children's "firsts" just because they worked. Up until today, I don't think I have missed any of Triniti's firsts. So going back to the scenarios in my mind, I always predicted that I would take the news from someone else really hard. I completely surprised myself today when Trin's caretaker told me the news and instead of thinking, "Aww...I can't believe I missed it," I grabbed Trin out of Phyllis's arms, planted a huge kiss on Trin's cheek, and told her a gazillion times how proud I was of her. We also gave one another several high-fives.
So even though I have yet to see my daughter officially take steps, I told my Dad on the phone that I will be seeing her walk for years and years (and years) to come. I look forward to watching her become even more active. Watch out world...here she comes!!!
4 comments:
Whoop whoop! Give it up ya'all for the big girl! :-)
That's pretty cool. I love the waddle toddlers have when they first start toddling!
Okay...in my defense, the way you said, "guess what Triniti did today at daycare?" I thought it was something not so good. I cannot wait to see her in action next week. I miss you all so much.
Yay for Triniti! That is so cool! I give you credit for taking it like a champ! I know I would have cried had I missed Braden's first steps! You bring up a very good point though, she will be walking for years! Go Triniti!
This may greatly change the dynamic of home group - once she gets a taste of that kind of freedom, there's no going back :-)
Post a Comment