Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Our 13-Month-Old Comedian...

*Triniti is 13 months old today and has become quite the comedian lately. Sometimes we just sit and laugh hysterically at the things she does. Yesterday morning she was in her swing and started crying. After a few minutes of not settling down, I went in to get her. After I got her out of the swing and was holding her, she still continued to cry. I looked at her said, "Trin, you don't have to cry...just tell Mommy what you want." In her most pitiful, tear-filled voice, she said, "Oookay." I had to contain the laughter inside of me. She then pointed towards the kitchen, so I brought her in and asked her what she wanted. She said, again in her most pitiful, tear-filled voice, "Hunry" (translation...Hungry). DRAMA QUEEN!!! The most recent funny story comes later on in this post...


*Here is a new hair style on Triniti...I'm not sure what CJ will think of it, but I think it's rather cute. And Trin loves looking at herself in the mirror with her headband on...she thinks it's rather cute too. :)





*Below, Trin is telling you how big she is...





*Okay...on to funny story #2...this afternoon, Triniti was supposed to be taking a nap. I kept hearing her, so I went into my bedroom to turn on the video monitor and spy on her. I so wish I could videotape from that monitor and post it on my Blog so that everyone could get a good laugh, but you'll just have to imagine it for yourself as I tell the story. When I turned the monitor on, I could see Triniti standing up in her crib on the end where her changing table connects. It looked like she was holding a white sock, but then I noticed that she was tearing the object apart. I knew she wouldn't be able to tear apart a sock. So to get a better look, I tiptoed to her bedroom and cracked open the door a little. To my surprise, I found that she had gotten into the entire box of wipes that sits on her changing table and was having the time of her life ripping the wipes apart!!!!!!! I started laughing, scared the mess out of her, and then she started crying, which made me laugh even harder (poor Trin). So here is the proof below as to what she was doing during nap time today...







*There were still a few wipes that she hadn't got to...I ruined her fun...



*I stopped writing down all of the new words Triniti can say after she reached 12 months of age. But I know her "latest and greatest" words are hungry, eat, gobble gobble, up, happy, aah choo!, no no no (I'm not sure where she gets that from, as Trin is never told no no), what, and sock.


*Her 12-month molars have broken through on both sides on top.


*Her favorite things to do are play Peek-a-Boo, give kisses, mimic Daddy and Mommy, shake her head (and say) No, and eat (oh wait...that's hardly new).


*I finally got to see Trin take steps today!!!!!!!!!! She's done it three times at day care, so it's about time she shows off for me. Of course I praised her and acted like her steps were the equivalent of finding the cure for a non-curable disease. But did she take any more steps?? NO!!!

4 comments:

Gram said...

Now, if she could just learn to say "Gram", THAT would go on the list of "latest and greatest" words =).

I don't think I even needed a video of today's escapade w/the wipes... I laughed so hard, my sides ached, just imagining it!

All I can say is: "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree". When you were a year old, we found you sitting in the bathroom on a "sea of toilet paper", having the time of your life =)

Fabio 'n Elizabeth Tsukayama said...

How fun! It is such a cute age, eh? :)

Seccombe Family of 5 said...

So cute when they are exploring, not as cute though when the mess isn't as easily cleaned, I remember when Tyler made chocolate milk in his carpet. ;0

Anonymous said...

It is the equivalent of curing a horrible disease...this is my brilliant niece we're talking about.