Sunday, August 30, 2009

Something a Little Older...and Something from Today...

*While going through a folder of pictures on my computer, I realized that I failed to post a few from when my sister was here earlier this month...here are a few of Trin in her pretty dress from Auntie Shanny...



*Below, Trin was pretending to be asleep on Auntie's pile of blankets...


*I think the shoes below are the very last thing that I was finally able to give Trin from the stockpile of clothes/shoes/etc. that I bought while pregnant...these were officially her first pair of Nike's, but Daddy made sure she was in other pairs long before these...

*And on to today...



*CJ has insisted several times recently that I must update my Blog. Now that I am back to being an out-of-the-home full-time working mommy, I have zero time to do much of anything. The beginning of the school year is always a major adjustment...especially when there is a husband and daughter at home begging for my attention from the moment I walk through the door each afternoon. :) But I love it...I wouldn't trade my crazy busy life for anything.
*I started off the school year with a nice, cozy room of 14 students (a record low for me for the first day of school). That lasted until this past Monday, when my class grew to 16. By Tuesday, we were up to 18...and this past Thursday, we reached 19. Plus, I receive two boys from another classroom for reading and math each day. So right now, I have anywhere from 19 to 21 students, depending on the time of day. I had 23 all year last year, so I'm still below the norm. The word around my school is that Park Forest (the city where I teach) just granted permission for 250 families to receive Section 8 housing...so with that will probably come A LOT more students into the schools.
*Labor Day is just around the corner (woo hoo!), and then my parents arrive mid-September (woo hoo!). So there are obvious things to look forward to this next month...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What precious pictures. And, since CJ is acting as the stay at home parent...maybe he can do the blog updating. Just an idea. You can tell him I suggested this. :P

Gram said...

Gram (or "Grim" as Triniti says) just wants to reach out and squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze those lucious thighs!! That smile is absolutely adorable and her feet really fill out those shoes, huh?

Just hang on a few more days, Doll-Baby... Pappaw & Gram are coming to spoil you like crazy =)