Thursday, August 06, 2009

The T-Shirt Game...

*After CJ and Trin finished playing "peek-a-boo" with his t-shirt this afternoon, I thought it would be cute to watch Trin walk around in CJ's XXL t-shirt. She sure enjoyed it...it kept her entertained for quite awhile. See for yourself...







*And for a slightly different look...






*And for a walk down memory lane...I ran across CJ's first Father's Day card from Trin when she was only 3 months old. The cover of the card contains a few pictures of Trin in her first 3 months of life. I had a weepy moment as I stood and stared at each photo for awhile. The fine, silky straight hair. The tiny body. The expression-less face. The wide eyes. And I realized, yet again, how very much I miss those early months. I'm not saying I would necessarily go back and relive them, given the option, because each new month of Trin's life brings SO many smiles and memories...but it is a little heart breaking to know that I will never get those moments back...they are a part of history! Of course after I pulled my eyes away from the pictures, I had to go "watch her sleep" for a bit and notice all of the HUGE differences between then and now. The long, thick, curly, out-of-control, beautiful hair. The oh-so-growing-daily body. The face that couldn't be any more full of expressions. The still-wide eyes. The way she opens her bedroom door from the crib each morning and shouts out, "Maaama...Maaaama!" The way she gets SO excited when she gets to go bye-bye with me. The way she wrestles with CJ and laughs hysterically. The way she's wearing CJ's shirt in the pictures above. One thing remains the same (okay, two, if you're counting that her Paci is STILL one of her best friends)...this little girl is loved SO much by SO many people.

It's hard to remember Trin ever being this tiny...and that silky, straight hair that lasted for 9.5 months...and life just wouldn't be the same for Trin without that Paci. ;)

3 comments:

Gram said...

"HI, BEBE!!" "BEBE!!?" This video is so stinkin' cute!!!

Doll-Baby, your Mama used to put on Pappaw's shirts and try to walk around in his boots; these pictures of you brought back so many happy memories. A good father's shoes are hard to fill; you and Mama do have good fathers! God is blessing you and Daddy with some unexpected time together during your early months... enjoy every day! =)

I love you so, so much, Gram XO

Gram said...

P.S. It's hard to remember you being this tiny, but you were! Someday, I'll have to tell you about our many wonderful conversations "on the clouds".

Love, Gram XO

Auntie Shanny said...

Yeah, I love her English accent when she calls her "Mummy" and "Doddy"