Monday, September 28, 2009

Reading vs. Skimming...

*Let me start by setting the scene for you...CJ and I had both just settled into bed with a magazine (Slam! for him and Smart Money for me)...something we rarely, if ever, have done together. Below is the short, yet hilarious (to me at least) conversation that transpired between the two of us...

Me: Isn't this nice?
CJ: What? (Not What?, as in he didn't hear me and wanted me to repeat, but rather What?, as in What ever could you be talking about? What is nice?)
Me: We're both in bed together, reading. Isn't it nice?
CJ: Babe, I'm skimming.

...I literally cracked up hysterically for a good minute while CJ was left wondering, What did I say to cause that response? Even after I tried explaining his funny, he still didn't get it. So a few minutes later, I couldn't resist...I asked, "How's the skimming, Babe?" "It's great!," he replied.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was literally laughing out loud reading this. Leave it to Ceej to make us laugh unintentionally! He's so particular.

Anonymous said...

I, too, was literally cracking UP while reading this... and no, I was NOT "skimming"... a blog entry like this has to be READ, not skimmed... ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha... oh my... ha ha ha ha ha ha... somebody STOP me! (The "sad" thing IS, is that Dad would probably understand CJ).

Anonymous said...

Oops, somehow my comment came up as Shannon, but this one and the prior one is from Moomy, just for the record... got it?... MOOMY...