Friday, November 20, 2009

You Know it's Been a Long Time Since You've Blogged When...

(to finish the title of this blog)

...you go to type in the first few letters of www.blogger.com and have to end up typing the entire address! My family has been doing an excellent job of refraining from asking me daily (or even weekly) if I've updated my Blog yet. CJ, on the other hand, the one who lives with Trin and me and sees us all of the time, cannot understand what is taking me so long. So I'm truly sorry (CJ and family) that this post will be without pictures. I will do my best to remember to take some updated pictures of The Princess this weekend. For now, you all get an update of Trin's latest amusements...

*While I know I should have been doing this MUCH sooner, I just recently started making it a nightly practice of praying with Trin in the rocking chair in her room before laying her down to bed. It didn't take her too many nights to catch on, and now she "whisper prays" with me. I hear her repeating random words that I pray. Then, one night recently as I laid her in bed, I heard her start to whisper all on her own. She would whisper in her own language and then randomly call out words such as "Mommy" and "Daddy." Then all of a sudden she said, "AMEN!" My heart filled with joy as I heard her pray to Jesus...she has such a wonderful spirit and loves praying/singing to Jesus. She has also recently began praying for CJ and me (with our help) when we have had headaches. And both times she has prayed for me, my headaches have almost instantly been healed!!!

*Trin is addicted to Vick's Vapor Rub (is this a bad thing???). A few weeks ago when she was congested, I started rubbing a little bit of the Baby Vick's on and under her nose to help her breathe. After about 2-3 nights of doing this, she started requesting it as I laid her down to bed. Three weeks later she's still requesting it!

*Trin has become a huge fan of CJ's Rap, "Hero." She will begin waving her arm back and forth in the air and chant, "JESUS, HERE-UFF...JESUS, HERE-UFF" (Jesus, Hero) over and over and gets very excited when CJ plays the video for her on his phone. She has also fallen in love with a Praise & Worship song by Jesus Culture called All Consuming Fire (in Trin's words, "Suming Pire."). She sounds so adorable when she sings. I'll have to try and get it on video soon.

1 comment:

Gram said...

Of all the sweet, adorable, amazing, humorous, and awesome feats Triniti has accomplished in her young life, my innermost being was touched to learn that she has such a heart for the things of God... the 'story' about how she prays for her Mommy & Daddy when you have headaches and how the aches are almost instantly gone, takes me back to a time when you (Lori) were a small child and I would have a headache... You would lay your little hand on my head and say, "Jesus, please take Mommy's HEAD away!" and more often than not, it too was healed almost instantly! What a faith builder for a tender young heart. And how this Gram's heart has been warmed.

These types of spiritual growths are what make me the most proud of Triniti. Thank You, God, for blessing MY life with such a sweet-spirited little girl!! xoxo