Monday, March 22, 2010

A couple quick funnies...

As we all know, children are full of "funnies." They come up with some of the funnies comments, and my daughter is not outside of the "funnies" circle. These are her "funnies" from today...

Funny #1

(Let me set the stage for you...) We pulled up to the McDonald's drive-thru, and as I was placing my order, I heard her little voice from the back seat say, "Hi! Coconut coffee with cream and sugar please." Since I was speaking at the same time, half of me didn't really hear what she said, while the other half was too stunned to believe that what I heard actually came out of her mouth. So when I asked her to repeat herself she said, "Coconut coffee with cream and sugar please." Okay, yes, I know I go to Dunkin' Donuts entirely too much, but let this be a lesson to those who are still not convinced...that children really do pick up on the things you say...and they repeat them!!!

Funny #2

We left McDonald's and were heading home...I turned around and saw that Trin had untied both of her shoes (she knows this is a no-no). I said to her, "Trin...you know you're not supposed to untie your shoes. Why did you untie your shoes?" She said, in the calmest voice I might add, "No...No...No...I didn't take them off." I replied, "I see that you didn't take them off. But you untied them. Why did you untie your shoes?" She said, with a question, "Sorry???" I had to turn away so that she wouldn't see me smile.

1 comment:

Gram said...

Let the FUN begin! That's my grandbaby!! Too smart for her own good! =)