Sunday, June 10, 2007

Our new home...


~The back of each building overlooks "Tempe Lake," with a nice fountain (and ducks) in the middle. ~


The pictures below are not our actual unit that we bought, but since the set-up is actually the same, I decided to use this unit as a model to give you an idea of what our unit will look like. ~

~Living Room~

~Main Bathroom~


~Bedroom #1~

~Bedroom #2~

~Dining Room~

~Kitchen (the door leads to the laundry room...after three years, I will no longer have to go to the laundromat anymore...yay!!!)

~Back of the condo's again~

So this gives you an idea of what our unit will look like. There is also another 1/2-bathroom, a coat closet, a linen closet, and a storage room inside our unit, but there were no pictures to show as examples. For the very first time in my life, I will have a dishwasher...I'm kind of indifferent about it right now because ever since I can remember, my sister and I have been the dishwashers (and dryers). So since I've been used to washing dishes for 20-something years, I'm not sure what I will think about a dishwasher. However, everyone assures me I will love it. I think the thing I'm looking forward to the most is not having to haul two weeks worth of laundry to the laundromat. CJ and I will be thrilled to be able to do laundry at home now. I know once we move in and make it "our home," it will be perfect! We also get a 1-car garage unit, so for the first time ever, my car will finally have a home (hopefully that will prevent ALL future wrecks when my car is parked at home).

As for an update on my beloved car...I decided to make a claim through my insurance company. My car will be towed and I will receive a rental car in less than 24 hours from now...needless to say, I am very excited to have a car of my own again. I'm hoping to get a Nissan Maxima or something cool like that (pray the Lansing airport has one of those available)!!! Thanks again everyone for your prayers.

2 comments:

Bipin Sen said...

That's a great looking place! Very cool! And it's great to have your own washing machine. I remember the days when I would cart bags of laundry to different homes to get it done. Wow.. I can think of six families right off the top of my head that provided free laundry service to me!

Anonymous said...

It looks wonderful!! I know once you add your finishing touches it will be a very lovely home! I am so happy for youguys and can't wait for my first dinner at the Colbert residence!