Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Sad ending to my car story...

Well, I had to say goodbye to my Mustang today. :( A representative from Progressive called me yesterday after assessing my car's damages. Unfortunately for me, the total amount of damages is more than the value of my car at this point. It really sucks...and that is pretty much it in a nutshell. So I had to go pick up my license plates and gather all of my belongings out of my car today. I was in shock when they told me my car would be totaled. I worked so hard to get my dream car...I will never forget the day I drove it off the lot. My first car...brand new...something I worked all throughout college to get.

I did realize yesterday that this is why God does not want us to place so much importance on things...although I am disappointed about the outcome of my car, I know ultimately that God is still #1...He is above any car I could ever own.

So now I have to start shopping for a "new" car. I don't want another car payment...it has been nice to not have one for awhile now. I know God will provide me with a great deal in the amount of money that I will be given for my Mustang by Progressive next Monday.

I'll keep everyone posted...any suggestions on what kind of car I should get???

3 comments:

Bipin Sen said...

Good question (what car to get). When you got your first car, you were single with your own income. Now you're part of a family, and thinking about growing. Car payments *totally* suck, but cars are a necessity. One thought would be to consider what kind of a vehicle you guys would use if you were to have a baby in the next couple of years. A van? A bigger sedan? Etc. And think of what you can afford if you were to quit after the baby (not that you have to - but as a possibility).

Anonymous said...

You know me and my loyalty to Honda!! They are very good cars though, and if you have to buy used you can get a certified one. I know you hate having to do this, but like you said, God is #1 and Maximus was just a posession. At least no one was injured in the accident. Have fun in TN and tell Momma Walls Happy Birthday for me!

Kelly B said...

Aw, Lori... I'm sorry. I remember how proud you were, and I'm glad you had fun with it.

I guess the next car is up to your priorities. Rod just got a Dodge Caliber that is kind of sporty, great on gas, economical, 4-door, and the back seats fold for some great storage room. I don't know much else about cars since I have been driving big-mama trucks for awhile now.

Another bright side: in just a little over a month, you won't be parking on the street. YAY!