



Well my car story has finally come to an end. CJ and I went out last Tuesday to look at the Saturn dealership in South Holland. I was interested in the ION's, so I was hoping to find and test drive some. Well, two out of the three cars I saw there didn't start...to me, that wasn't a good sign. I did end up test driving one of the ION's and liked it well, but the fact that they had to jump it to start didn't sit well with me. I took it as a sign that the car wasn't meant to be mine.
The next day we went to Team Hyundai in Highland because I like the 2002/2003 Sonata's. Well, the salesman said that he didn't have any Sonata's in that year for my price range, so he showed me the above car. I was a little hesitant because it is a '99, and my Mustang was an '01 (so I wanted something that year or newer). However, my '01 Mustang had 90K miles, and this '99 Sonata only had 47K miles. I ended up test driving it and really liked the way it drove...it was SO quiet compared to my Mustang.
When we got back to the dealership, I re-explained my situation and told the salesman the amount of money I was working with. To make a long story short, he ended up dropping the price of the car so that with taxes and fees included, I was able to purchase the car for $5 less than the amount of my settlement check. Plus, since my insurance company will be reimbursing me for the taxes and fees, I will walk away from the deal with money in my pocket! I felt good about it...it was a blessing from God. I have NO car payment still!!! Another thing is the salesman noticed my hesitation that the car came with no warranty because of its year...so he added on a warranty for a few months. Before I bought the car, it was given brand new brakes, all new tires, and an oil change. I think I'm good to go for a long while...
1 comment:
Congrats on the car and the great deal! That's a blessing from God! And now you have two extra doors in the back so that people can get in without having to climb over seats. :-)
Post a Comment