Monday, July 02, 2007

Field Trip to China Town...















~According to the Chinese, I was born in the year of the Monkey (go figure). However, as I read my supposed description, I didn't feel so bad. If any of you are rats or dragons, we supposedly get along real well.~


For those of you who know me pretty well, you know I am absolutely fascinated with Chinese and Japanese characters and decor. In fact, I love it so much, I have two tattoos (one Chinese character of love and Japanese Kanji characters for my name). Anyway, believe it or not, today was my very first time down to China Town. Since my partner and I are teaching Cultural Diversity as our theme for summer school, we came up with the idea of taking a field trip that involved a different culture. What better place than China Town?? We were led on a 1-hour tour, followed by Asian cuisine at a nearby restaurant, and then shopping. We all had a blast...and I'd love to go back soon (when I don't have tons of fifth graders pulling me at every direction or jumping in every shot I tried to take with my camera). haha



No comments: