Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Today's Doctor Appointment...

I was supposed to visit my Doctor last Friday after work, but for the second time, he was out on a delivery call to the hospital!!! So I rescheduled with the nurse practitioner (for the second time) today. So I have yet to meet my actual doctor (should I be frightened?!?). I'm just kidding...I'm not worried at all! Anyway, today was a very exciting doctor visit. I got to hear Flit's heartbeat...and a very rapid heartbeat at that. My friend Adrian described the sound very well...it sounded like a galloping horse! I kept hearing other noises, but figured it was all just a part of the Doppler machine. Well, the nurse practitioner said, "Man, you have a wild child in there." I just laughed, and she went on to say, "Do you hear all of those other sounds?? Those sounds mean that your baby is either swimming all around or flapping its arms/legs!" I started laughing because CJ and I are hardly the "wild child" type...so it'll be interesting to see what Flit is really like once he/she arrives next spring. Then, Flit tried to swim away and hide, and the nurse said, "You can run...but you can't hide!!!" She found the heartbeat again (this time, really, really low down on my abdomen). Flit kept me laughing...and it was SO great to hear his/her heartbeat...wow!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it the best sound ever?? I was in awe when I heard Braden's for the first time! It is awesome! Glad your appt. went well!

Clair Boone @ www.mummydeals.org said...

I was nearly in tears the first time we heard something and just seeing that image on the screen is so amazing. What a miracle! What a God!

Lisa said...

how great! I really remember that sound from when Jules was our little bun. Ahhh...

Kathy said...

I remember that sound oh so well, so surreal, there is this little heart beat in you! ABi was like that, moving everywhere, and well yes she still moves everywhere at a rapid pace. How exciting guys!!!

YivoQuintero said...

Lori! You are so sweet. I finally caught up in reading your blog. Now I have to go update mine! I leave for Europe next Wednesday! We will talk when I get back.