Friday, December 21, 2007

Prince Elijah...

CJ went Christmas shopping for our nephew this past week...and this is what he came home with...


~Here is Prince Elijah already dunking a ball into the basket!~


~Watch out world! I'm getting ready to dump this truck and
build something!~





~Our lovely sister, and the mother of Elijah, Patrice.~


~He scores!!!~


~YAY for Elijah!~







I missed out on all the fun, due to my Doctor's appointment (see story below), but it sure looks like Elijah had a blast. I called when I was leaving the doctor's office to see if Elijah liked his Christmas presents...CJ said, "Yes, but he seems to like our wedding car ornament on the tree the best." Kids are so funny!

So I was on my way to the much-anticipated appointment today and got a phone call from the nurse that, yet again, my doctor was out on an emergency call. I have only seen my actual doctor one time in the entire six months I've been pregnant! Pretty sad if you ask me. Anyway, I was informed to still come on in to get my Rhogam shot, but the Gestational Diabetes test would have to wait until my next scheduled appointment (January 4th). So it looks like I can go to Tennessee and eat all of the Christmas sweets I want now. :)

CJ and I are all packed and ready to go...we'll be heading out in about 13.5 hours...we are SO looking forward to the time away.

I also want to include a praise report and a prayer request in this Blog before I sign off for the next nine days...

First, the praise! As many of you know, CJ had a very difficult class to take this past semester at Purdue. He began taking the class a few semesters ago but had to drop it because of how difficult it was. We prayed and prayed (and prayed some more) that God would see him through the class this second time around. We were praying for a C-. But we all know how God is bigger than our hopes/anticipations! After much hesitation and beating around the bush from CJ on the phone the other night when I called him, he finally proclaimed that he received a B in the class!!! We both had tears in our eyes for the joy and relief we were feeling. God is SO good! Santa may be dropping off an extra present for CJ this year...just to let him know how proud I am of him for his hard work and dedication (we know this wouldn't be possible without GOD)!!!

Second, the prayer request. As many of you also know, I received some very disappointing news regarding my maternity leave a couple of weeks ago. Since I have 63 sick days saved up in my "bank," I was anticipating using 47 of them so that I wouldn't have to return to school until next August. That would give me 5 full months off of work (including the summer months) with Triniti. Well, a couple of weeks ago I was informed that I would have to return to work for the last 3 weeks of school unless I wanted to go without pay. CJ and I prayed about the decision for the maximum amount of time we were allotted (about 10 days). We finally made the decision for me to go back to work for those 3 weeks so that we wouldn't lose out on the large amount of money. I was so disappointed, but I tried very hard to put my faith in God and know that He would work things out for the best. Well...I received an e-mail today from the lady helping me out with my maternity leave, stating that after we return from Christmas break, she is going to ask the superintendent to honor those last 3 weeks of school for me (WITH PAY)!!! I couldn't believe what I was reading...I read it a couple of times until it sank in. Now this certainly doesn't mean anything is set in stone, but the fact that she is going to bat for me is more than I could ever ask or imagine! So please pray that God would have favor on this situation...and that He would already begin to work on the superintendent's heart. This could be the answer to prayer that I have been waiting for!!!

Once again, have a very Merry Christmas everyone...

2 comments:

Bipin Sen said...

That's certainly something for us to keep in prayer. For sure I think the most amount of time you can get with the baby is better. I *still* think it's an incredible blessing that your time off is in "months" instead of just weeks like for most moms working in non-school related jobs. Also for people like me who work in professional jobs... Man.. what wouldn't I give to have a couple of months off to stay home with the kids, with pay! :-)

Kelly B said...

Wonderful answers to prayer. And I also want to add... if you haven't already, make sure you talk to your union rep about this. If you have the time in your bank, it just sounds really fishy to me... Maybe they are different than high school districts, but I was allowed to use all my days plus borrow from the sick bank.

I hope you have a wonderful trip. Eat LOTS of sweets & have a wonderful Christmas with the fam!