Thursday, March 20, 2008

Introducing Princess Triniti RayAnn...

Without further delay, CJ and I would like to introduce our little Princess to everyone. Check below the pictures for the full story of Triniti's arrival...


~This was the first time I was able to hold Triniti...11 hours after she was born. It was quite an emotional time (imagine that) and one of the greatest moments of my life.~


~CJ was able to go take pictures of Triniti for me in the wee hours of Sunday morning since I wasn't able to be with her. So the next few pictures are her first hours of life.~









~And now we're home...this picture was taken last night. Triniti was 4 days old above. I love how we all look together...it's the 3 of us now.~

~I'm sure when Triniti gets older, we'll hear, "Ewww...gross!"~

~Daddy and his girl...it's amazing how much love a Daddy can have for his little girl. He falls in love with her more and more everyday. Triniti has found her "perfect" resting spot...facing Daddy's chest and hearing his heartbeat.~


~As a lot of people are doing, we're going to take Triniti's picture next to her animal ring on the 15th of every month and see how it shrinks next to her the bigger she gets. So here is picture #1 as a newborn. Any predictions as to how long it will take for Triniti to outgrow her animal ring????~
On to the story...
Last Saturday morning, March 15th, I woke up at 7:30 and immediately noticed I had mild cramps. I figured it was Braxton Hicks, if anything at all. It was the very first time in my pregnancy that I had any sort of cramping. I continued on with my day as if everything was normal...I went and got a manicure around 10:30 AM...then drove out to Tinley Park to meet my friend Adrian for coffee at Caribou. The cramping continued all day...pretty much nonstop, and I also noticed that I was not feeling her move in the least bit. While sipping on a highly sugared drink at Caribou and still not feeling any movement, my concern began. I decided to call the hospital and see what they advised. They told me to drink something high in sugar (umm...already did it). Since that didn't work, they told me to come on in. I said my goodbyes to Adrian and headed off to the hospital...CJ was going to meet me there.
When I got to the hospital, they hooked me up to a heart monitor and checked to see if I was dilated at all...Triniti's heart rate was great, as always, and I was not even fully effaced yet! So I was definitely relieved to hear her strong heartbeat, but disappointed that no dilation had occurred. Since they couldn't find anything wrong, my discharge papers were written. I was disappointed...I had hoped that once I got to the hospital, I would not be leaving until I had a baby. As soon as I finished getting dressed, the nurse came back in and said, "Change of plans...the doctor called back and wants you to get an ultrasound before we discharge you." Almost instantaneously, the mild cramping turned into very strong pain. In addition, I began to bleed. I started worrying that they were going to still send me home with the pain and bleeding.
I had to wait around 30-45 minutes for the radiologist to be ready for me. During that time, my stomach was turning into a hard rock and I was experiencing a giant contraction, almost constantly. I would get a very small relief for about 60 seconds, and the excruciating pain would begin again. It was all happening so quickly and I was not sure if this was really what labor was all about. The ultrasound then began...what an experience! It was almost impossible to lie flat with the pain increasing rapidly...I thought the ultrasound was never going to end. I had no idea what they were looking for or what they were finding.
After about 30 minutes I was wheeled back to the room where CJ was waiting for me. I began hearing the nurses talk about the results of the ultrasound only being a 2 (on a scale from 1-8). I looked at CJ and had panic in my eyes. But since I had no clue what was going on, I just waited for them to hear further orders from the doctor. A few minutes later, the doctor confirmed that things were not good at all. I was experiencing what is called a Placental Abruption...an uncommon, but serious complication of pregnancy. It's when the placenta peels away from the inner wall of the uterus before delivery either partially or completely (mine was completely). It was causing the heavy bleeding and excruciating abdominal pain. The doctor recommended an emergency c-section, and at that point, I just wanted Triniti to be okay, and I wanted relief from the pain. I was not allowed any medications up to this point, nor was I even allowed ice chips.
The next block of time is still a whirlwind to me...I had people coming at me in every direction...poking me, prodding me, asking me a million questions. I don't really remember all that went on...I just remember that I didn't know how in the world I could live through another minute of the pain. I kept calling out to God and wanted relief so bad.
I was finally moved to the operating room. The epidural was hard to bear because I had to be still, and it was hard to do that. But once the epidural took effect, I was in la-la land and was so relieved that everything would soon be over. CJ was then able to come in and be with me for the birth of our daughter.
When they pulled Triniti's head out, one of the nurse's said, "It looks like a boy!!!" I looked over at CJ with big eyes and prayed it wasn't true. :) Then they pulled her body out and said, "It's a girl!!!" Whew! Hearing her cry out was the most beautiful sound at that point...something every Mom waits 9 months to hear. They immediately whisked her away, so CJ was unable to cut the cord. When they finally wrapped her up, CJ was able to hold her for a few minutes...I could only see her from where I was laying.
Because Triniti had had a bowel movement while still in my womb, she swallowed meconium into her lungs. And because of all of the other complications she and I went through with the Placental Abruption, she had to be monitored throughout the night...I wasn't able to be with her for 11 hours. :( That was very difficult for me, but I just trusted God that He was taking the most excellent care of her and I would soon be reunited with my baby girl.
Sunday morning at 8:30, the nurse brought Triniti to me. It was one of the greatest moments in my life...holding her for the first time was indescribable! I looked at CJ and said, "She's absolutely perfect!" We are both so thankful to God that He saw us fit to be Triniti's parents. She has already brought us so much joy in the past 5 days...and we know it will only get better. She gets cuter and cuter each day. We are in love with her SO much.
As for my recovery, I'm doing very well! Each day gets easier, of course. I get my staples taken out tomorrow (woo hoo), and CJ and I are planning on taking Triniti to Church for her very first Easter on Sunday. God is SO good...and after it's all said and done, I know he never gives us more than we can handle. Even though I thought I couldn't handle any more last Saturday evening, He got me through it.
I'll end with a few pieces of information on Triniti's stats...
*We got to the hospital at 5:00 PM on Saturday, March 15th
*Triniti was born at 9:21 PM
*She was 7 lbs., 3 oz.
*She was 20 inches long
*She passed all of her tests and bloodwork in the hospital...she is perfect!!!

7 comments:

Bipin Sen said...

What a cute little girl! I'm glad I made the visit! ;-)

I'm so looking forward to seeing her grow and develop into a fun little girl!

Anonymous said...

Awww...too cute! She is just precious and we can't wait to see her again!

God is great! Being a mom is the best isn't?

Kelly B said...

Crying now :)

Children - and how they come into the world - is, I believe, the most beautiful example of God's miraculous power and His amazing love for us. We are so blessed to get to be mommies, no matter how it happens... and Triniti is so blessed to have you for hers!

Unknown said...

kelly said it well.... what a beautiful story of God's great love for us and amazing care for us in the midst of uncertainty.

IF SHE HAD BEEN A BOY I WOULD'VE JUST DIED! All those pink clothes and bedding and decor... they really scared you (and me) for a minute.

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better Lori! See you Sunday!

becs said...

She is so beautiful and we can't wait to meet her! You guys look really good as parents holding your baby. Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS honey pie! It sounds like you had a rough delivery like me. At least we got the bad one out of the way first...it can only be better for kid number 2.
Enjoy your time with your new angel. Remember to rest when family is around.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Triniti is sooo CUTE!