Where did we come up with the name Triniti? First and foremost, no, CJ and I did not name Triniti for religious purposes. I fell in love with the name "Trinity" way back in 1999 while watching Carrie-Anne Moss play the character Trinity in the movie, "The Matrix." I remember being a mere 19 years old and thinking, "Wow! That would be an awesome name for a child of mine in the future." Never did I imagine that my future husband would ever agree to it 9 years later.
So, why did we feel the need to change the spelling? Well, a cousin of mine named her daughter Trinity a couple of years ago, and I wanted there to be a slight difference in the name. Since the name is already unique and cannot be found on any personalized items out there, we thought it wouldn't hurt to change the "y" to an "i" at the end...it just makes our Triniti that much more unique and one-of-a-kind!
And what about Triniti's middle name, RayAnn? Well, also quite a long time ago, I decided that if I ever had a daughter, I would love to name her after both of my parents. My Dad's middle name is Ray and my Mom's middle name is Ann, so I wanted to combine the two names for my daughter's middle name, RayAnn. Again, when I came up with this quite awhile ago, I didn't think my future husband would agree to it.
Were there any other names in the running? Yes! When I was a few months pregnant, CJ and I were on our way home from Church when he suggested the name Sadie Ryelle. I really liked the name a lot and said I would definitely consider naming our daughter this. However, since we had already "named" our daughter Triniti RayAnn way before we ever even got married, CJ said I could make the final decision. My family, along with many others, all liked the name Sadie much better and actually started calling our unborn child Sadie. Once we found out our child was a girl on November 2nd, I felt she was a "Triniti" instead of a "Sadie," so I made the final decision to go with our original name.
If we ever have a boy, will we name him Neo? Absolutely not!!! I have always said I could be fine with only one child...and now that Triniti is here, both CJ and I think she may be it...our one and only child. However, if God wants us to have another child, we'll gladly welcome him/her at a later date. And a girl would be CJ's choice of Sadie Ryelle...and a boy would be our original choice of Thais Mikele (pronounced Ty-Us Mick-Ale).
I hope I have answered everyone's questions. :)
As for pictures...CJ and I will be having our 5th and final baby shower tomorrow (whew)!!! So I will definitely take lots of pictures and post them on my Blog in the near future.
1 comment:
And if you have a Thais, then there's going to be another post explaining *that* name! ;-)
Neo would be... uh... kinda awkward. I don't think Trinity and Neo were brother and sister in the series. :-)
Post a Comment