So I was flipping through the new July issue of Parents magazine today that just came in the mail yesterday when I read something from "The Parenting Expert" on page 96 that hit a little too close to home. Read on...
Parents magazine asks: "Let's say you could make one rule that no parent could violate, what would that be?"
The Parenting Expert gives this reply: "Don't give your child an annoying name. Especially, do not name your kid after a character in a movie. Nobody wants to end up being named Morpheus because his dad was really into 'The Matrix.' That's just plain idiotic."
I literally started cracking up...because not only did I name my daughter after a character in a movie, but The Matrix WAS the movie. So, according to "The Parenting Expert," whoever that is, CJ and I are just plain idiotic, huh?!? Hmm...
Of course I don't agree, nor would I ever want to go back and reconsider Triniti's name. Her name is awesome and it definitely fits her. Besides, the above quote came from someone who said earlier on the same page that "Becoming a parent is like contracting a debilitating disease. Imagine a disease where you couldn't sleep, you couldn't have sex, you couldn't travel, you had aches and pains all the time." I'm sorry, but THOSE statements are just plain idiotic. I know I've only been doing this parenting thing for 3 short months, but I can't imagine any loving parent agreeing with this person that it's like contracting a debilitating disease. What an awful thing to say...and what an awful thing for a child to know his/her parents feel that way. And how untrue! If that's the way a parenting expert feels, so help us God!!!!
I e-mailed Parents magazine and voiced my concerns...
1 comment:
Yes. Idiotic of the writer (or quoted person) indeed.
I KNOW I need to call you. So I am just quickly saying HI right now. I do check your blog every day. And I will be calling you gals for a hook-up ;)
Post a Comment