Friday, July 18, 2008

First Feeding (and Measurements Revealed)...

*Now that Triniti has reached the 4-month mark (and is at least 12 pounds), the Doctor said she is ready to begin eating rice cereal. At first, Triniti really wanted nothing to do with the cereal. I would try just a couple of bites and then rest for several hours before attempting again. Finally by yesterday, she seemed to be grasping the concept and showing signs of enjoying this eating thing. :) She even mimicks me when I open my mouth and say, "Aaaah." It's quite cute to watch her do that. The Doctor said after she is doing well with the cereal for a week or two, we can then start introducing stage 1 veggies (and then a week or two after that, stage 1 fruits). I'm really looking forward to trying out the "real" baby foods...I know her facial expressions will be priceless.



~Sometimes I think she enjoys eating her hands more than the food.~

*And on to the revealing of Triniti's latest measurements (height and weight)...

*18% (2 of you) guessed Trinit's weight correctly...she weighed in at a whopping 14.7 pounds!!! She gained 5.7 pounds in two months. She is in the 75th percentile for weight (she was only in the 25th percentile at two months). :)

*Only 9% (1 of you) guessed Triniti's height correctly...she is "laying" tall at 24" (my Princess is two feet tall)!!! :) She is in the 50th percentile for height.

So I am interested in knowing who guessed correctly?!? I enjoyed checking in on the results each day...maybe I'll do some more polls in the future.

Well, we're off to the airport in less than 24 hours. I'll try to Blog during my visit...

2 comments:

Kelly B said...

I guessed incorrectly. She is almost 2 pounds more than Kaity at her 4 month check up and almost 2 inches longer! What a cutie pie. It's funny how they bounce up and down across those percentiles. Miranda would be 95% one time and 50% the next.

Kaity is doing the same thing... eating her hands, her bib, etc. Sometimes I think I should soak my shirt in whatever I want her to eat.

Have a great trip! Hope we see you soon when you get back.

Anonymous said...

My coworker Teresa was one of the two people who guessed the weight correctly and none of us (me and my 3 coworkers) guessed her height correctly. It was a fun thing to participate in though. See ya tomorrow.