Thursday, August 14, 2008

End of 4 Months...

Today is Triniti's last day of being 4 months old! This was Triniti's most exciting month thus far, as she began eating, flew on an airplane for the first time, got to visit another state, cut her first tooth while out of state, started laughing out loud, and as recently as last night...sat completely upright by herself for the very first time!!! Most people told me to not get my hopes up of seeing Triniti sit up by herself before I went back to work because she was probably a little bit too young still, but I had faith that she would make it happen for her Mommy!! Unfortunately, the camera was not near enough to snap a few pictures, and she didn't quite sit up today like she did last night, but she's getting there. I snapped a few pictures today...


~Here is Triniti after eating Prunes for the first time. :) She has officially tried every single Stage 1 fruit and vegetable...and she likes them all! Her absolute favorites are carrots and applesauce, but she'll eat anything we give her (even Prunes).~


~What a good girl Triniti is...already helping Mommy out by cleaning off her face after eating.~


~And here are her attempts today at sitting up. I promise you all that she was sitting completely upright last night with no hands on the floor...CJ saw it too!~



~Silly girl, you're supposed to shoot the basketball, not eat it!!~

For my last update on my job...the Union did file for Mediation yesterday morning. I was told it could take up to 3 months for the mediator to make final decisions, so it might be awhile before we get our pay raise, but it will certainly be nice to get one lump sum...maybe right in time for Christmas shopping!!! Although I do not want to go back to work next Monday, I am thankful that we're not striking. God has always been so faithful to me with my job; He is so good!

Tomorrow is my last day of summer vacation (not counting the weekend, of course). I'll spend it with Triniti in my classroom trying to get as much done as possible. She went with me to school yesterday and was such a trooper. She allowed me to work in my room for 4.5 hours and only "demanded" to be held once (for about 20 minutes). The children don't arrive until next Thursday, so I'll have a few days next week after our meetings are over to finish setting up my room.

If anyone would like to say a prayer for the kids I will be receiving into my classroom this year, that would be great! I always believe in my heart of hearts that God purposely chooses each and every student He wants in my classroom (even the challenging ones). I haven't seen my class list yet, so I'm not sure how many I'll have, who I'll have, etc...but it really doesn't matter because God knows what is best for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is growing up before our very eyes. I wish I could see it in a closer proximity though. I miss my little "teacup" very much and am so anxious to see her again. Of course, I'm anxious to see her parents as well.

Anonymous said...

Those pictures look like she is doing very well at sitting up on her own. That is really great for only four months old. Great job Triniti.