I talked with a friend from work this morning about our job situation, and this is what I found out: the Union was going to meet one more time with the Board today...and if they still could not come to an agreement, our contract would be turned over to a Mediator. If that happens, we will begin work next Monday under last year's contract (certainly better than no pay at all). Once the Mediator decides what our pay increase should be, we would then receive retroactive pay from day 1 of our new school year. So I am very pleased to announce that God has answered my prayers...I will be heading to beginning-of-year Institutes (with pay!!) rather than the picket lines (with no pay and then added days to make up next summer). God may wait until the last moment, but He ALWAYS comes through and does what is best. Praise God for that!!!
So I'm off to my classroom for the next 2 days to see what I can get done. I know it'll be "weird" to be back after having a lovely 5 months off. Again, thank you to everyone who has been praying.
2 comments:
That is great news on your job. Also wonderful news on having a grandma who can watch Triniti. I will be praying for you as you have to leave her on your first day of work. That is not an easy day no matter how old the child is. I cried all the way to work the first day I left Morgan. Every day does get easier as you realize it is harder on you than it is on them.
Aargh.. how bitter sweet..
Enjoy the last few days at home!! :-)
Post a Comment