Friday, December 19, 2008

Snow Day or Ice Day???

Well, against my wishes, school was cancelled today! The early bird that I am, I was once again already on my way to work when I received the phone call. It's funny...I was purposely moved to the TOP of the phone tree so that I could be notified of a school cancellation before I left for work. No such luck! I wasn't too far though...I had just picked up my Dunkin Donuts coconut coffee and was getting ready to head back to Route 30 for the drive ahead of me.

So today's school cancellation has me wondering...is it a snow day or an ice day?? I guess that would depend on where one lives. I'm assuming since I work in Illinois, my school was cancelled due to massive amounts of snow. However, over here in Northwest Indiana where I live didn't receive snow at all...just massive amounts of ice! It took CJ about 30 minutes to chip the ice off of his car this morning (sorry babe)!!!

Now that I'm back home and got to see Triniti's precious smile when I went in to get her at 7:15 this morning, having a snow/ice day is well worth it! I explained to her with great enthusiasm that she gets me for the next 17 days!!!!!!! Why she wouldn't be excited about that one is beyond me. ;) So my Christmas Break has officially begun...woo hoo!!!

CJ and I are letting Triniti have her Christmas 5 days early...she will open up her mounds of presents at some point tomorrow...then we leave around 2 in the morning on Sunday for Tennessee for a week. I'll try to post pictures of Triniti's first Christmas at home tomorrow before we leave. She will get Christmas this year about 5 or 6 times...geesh! What a blessed little girl she is...and she doesn't even realize what's going on!

Have a wonderful day everyone...and for those of you that had to go to work today...like my dear hubby...be safe!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot imagine in 18 days when she wakes up to someone other than her mommy how she'll react... Enjoy your ice day with Triniti and we'll see you soon.

Gram said...

"Stuck inside the house days" with (your) child(ren) are some of the BEST days while they are growing up... 'glad you got to enjoy one, early on! xoxo