The good news is that CJ ROCKED this morning at Church while he debuted the rap that he wrote just a few short weeks ago. I couldn't be more proud of him. And our Church was amazing! Everyone got to their feet and was pumped throughout the entire song. It is so exciting to be a part of a Church where CJ can express himself freely in the gifts and talents God has blessed him with. CJ was free of nerves, worry, and doubt this morning...and he did a fantastic job!!! The two women who sang the chorus, Julie and Alyssa, also rocked!!! They have amazing, beautiful voices and complimented CJ on stage very well.
The bad news is that I was nervous for CJ, and because of my nerves, my hands were shaking so bad that I couldn't get our camera focused. I ran out of time to try and keep focusing, as the song began. So while I did get the song on video, CJ is blurry the entire time. Urgh!!! I feel so bad, but thankfully CJ took it pretty well. But I know today was just the start of many more raps to come...so I'll be sure to get it right next time.
CJ had quite the fan club at Church this morning. Several of CJ's co-workers, as well as a couple close friends came out to support CJ. We were so happy to see everyone and have their support...it really meant a lot! Below are two pictures of CJ giving a preview before the song...and then the video of his rap. Again, sorry for the blurriness, but you can still hear CJ's rap. Enjoy!!!
5 comments:
That is so awesome. Great job CJ. Pretty cool to write and perform a song.
I was prepared to be "entertained" as I opened up the video this morning... imagine my surprise when I realized tears were running down my cheeks about halfway through! WOW!
In a loving, spiritual sort of way, all I could think was, "Mm-hmm, that's MY son up there!" and I was thanking God for how He used (CJ) to minister to Living Word in that way... it was awesome to see a packed Church REALLY getting into the song!
I pray God blesses the "fruits of (your) labor" from inviting co-workers and friends to Church, not only to "see" (CJ) "perform", but to hear the Word of God.
I love you both, Moomy
WOO-HOO Ceej! Yeah! I am so proud of you. You appear to be a natural performer, as well as a songwriter and rapper. You worked the stage! Loved the back up singers as well. I only wish I could have been in the church when you performed it. Maybe they'll let you do an encore performance on the Sunday I'm there...
I most definitely found myself singing this song today while I was working at church! I loved it CJ!!! great job...I think if you put on a concert the high school kids would be all about it too. :)
How AWESOME was that. He is so cool. I am gonna show D right now. We'll see u guys soon at LWC, David is coming to lead worship there on the 8th!
Post a Comment