*It seems like yesterday, not one year ago, that I was enjoying a Turtle Mocha and some conversation with a friend at a coffee shop while being slightly worried over the fact that I hadn't felt my baby move inside of me all day. I'm sure when I called the hospital from the coffee shop, the nurse on the other end must have thought I was just another mother-to-be that was worried over nothing. None the less, she told me I could come on in to get things checked out. Looking back, I know that God was placing an instinct inside of me that day as a warning that I needed to get to the hospital. Little did I know that heaven would send its greatest blessing to the world that evening at 9:21 PM after an excruciatingly painful placenta abruption and emergency c-section. Fast forward an entire year later...we are celebrating the Princess's first birthday today!!! This past year has been the most fulfilling and blessed year of our lives thus far. We have absolutely loved every single stage of Triniti's life...from bringing her home for the very first time...to her first smile and coo...to hearing
Dada and
Mama uttered from her lips...to watching her crawl...to being able to say a total of 55+ words/short phrases. This year has been so life changing and miraculous. Never did I comprehend how much joy a tiny human being could create in my life. No one has to convince me that children are a gift from God...she is the best gift CJ and I have ever been given.
*I'll be taking Trin to her 1-year check-up with her doctor on Thursday, so I'll update with all of the specifics (height, weight, percentiles, etc.) at that time. I also mentioned above that Trin is saying 55+ words/short phrases...I'll fill you in on those words as well. Her vocabulary increases daily, and me being the teacher that I am, keep a running list of all of the words she can say. I was asked by a co-worker this past Friday,
"Do you drill Triniti with words every day?," to which I replied, "
Yes, I guess you could say that." :)
*For now, enjoy a walk down memory lane over the past year of Trin's life. Whether it sounds cliche' or not, writing this post is truly bittersweet for me. However, CJ and I do look forward to all of the "sweet" times ahead. Thank you, God, for sending us Triniti. We SO appreciate her.

2 comments:
Happy Birthday sweet girl! It seems like yesterday that I was sitting with your Mommy in that coffee shop!! Has it really been a year?
okay seriously... i have been looking forward to this post for a year! I'm so excited that the progression is finally complete! (well, i guess you can keep going but on year seemed like the finish line in my mind!)
Post a Comment