*These first few pictures were taken before Church last Sunday morning...
CJ snuck out around 6:35 AM and brought me back my faves from Dunkin Donuts...what a way to wake up! He then gave me a gift bag with a beautiful, tear-jerking card, my five most favorite candies (Skittles, Sour Skittles, Reese Peanut Butter Cups, Snickers, and Twizzlers), and a box wrapped up with a note inside explaining that the gift he ordered me for my birthday did not come in on time. He was so disappointed, but of course I thought his creativity was neat. And hey, I wasn't complaining about my new supply of candy! After that, he told me that I was not allowed to do any work all day, so he took care of feeding Trin, giving her a bath, and getting her ready for the day. Once we were all ready to go, we hopped in the car to somewhere unknown (well, unknown to me, that is). We headed downtown and our first stop was the Shedd Aquarium...one of my most favorite places in the city. Afterwards, we had some time to pass before dinner, so we walked around Soldier Field and enjoyed the weather. It then started to rain, so we decided to head to his Jeep. Once inside, CJ started talking about his brakes and wondering how soon he should get them checked. I told him he could ask my Dad, but he asked, "Do you think the manual would say anything about it?" I replied, "Probably...want me to get your manual for you?" As I was starting to open up the manual, I spotted a white envelope that said "READ ME!! THIS MEANS YOU!" So I opened up the envelope and read this inside:
Princess Lori, short and sweet,
'Tis your Birthday, hey, that's neat,
You've waited & waited, you've tapped your feet,
Might there be something beneath your seat?....
Hmm?
What was below my seat???.......

.....A video camera!!!!!!!!! I was quite surprised. It's ultra small (perfect for me). So yes, CJ "lied" to me by telling me several hours earlier that what he had ordered for me hadn't yet come in. But, it's quite difficult for him to surprise me since I figure everything out. So he did a great job pulling off a bunch of surprises this year!
We then headed to dinner...again, I had no idea where we were going. We ended up at Carnivale, a Latin restaurant with an awesome atmosphere and trendy decor. We got to sit right by the window and look out into the city. We had never been there before...CJ wanted to take me to a new place.
After dinner we headed home. CJ dropped Trin and me off at home, and then he said he would be back in a few minutes. Hmm...
He returned about 20 minutes later...supplied with items for a luxurious bubble bath, a massage, and dessert since we didn't order any at the restaurant. Aaahhh...what a wonderful, relaxing way to end my birthday. Needless to say, I slept like a baby last night. :) Just before going to bed, I said to CJ, "Can everyday be my birthday?" Lucky for me, I do have a wonderful husband that makes me feel like a royal queen, not just on my birthday, but everyday. He is a joy to be married to...and I am so thankful for his "extra special" thoughtfulness yesterday.
Babe, thank you SO very much for going above and beyond to make my 29th birthday extra special. Your thoughtfulness means the world to me, and I am such a blessed woman to have you. God is so good to us. All of my birthday wishes have come true...because I have you. I love you so much...thank you for everything. May you know just how much I appreciate you and everything you do for me. XOXO
I have taken a couple videos of Triniti with my new video camera...one of the videos is very, very special. I will work on getting those videos uploaded to my Blog ASAP.
1 comment:
One word: A-M-A-Z-I-N-G !!
Have CJ call Dad; MY birthday is next month (ha ha). What a joy to your mom's heart to know that you were so "taken care of" on your special day. As "creative" as I think I am, I'm sure I've never done anything that even comes close to this. You rock, CJ!!
Post a Comment