Thursday, April 30, 2009

Triniti's Recent Funnies...

The laughter never seems to cease in the Colbert household...at least not by me. Almost everyday when I pick Trin up from Daycare, her babysitter has another funny story about my child. Let me share the most recent ones...

1. I'm not sure if I've mentioned Trin's friend, Joshua, before. Let me first start off by saying that "Joshua" was Triniti's first 3-syllable word. She says is oh-so-clearly. Anyway, each day on the way home from Daycare, I ask Trin tons of questions about her day. Of course she doesn't answer me in full sentences, but it's still fun to ask her things. Well, I sure was shocked this past Monday when she responded quite clearly to one of my questions. Here is our conversation...

Me: What did you do at Daycare today Trin? Did you play with Joshua?
Trin: Giggles
Me: What did you do with Joshua today?
Trin: Mmmuah!!!! (Yes, she literally puckered up her lips and kissed the air...she did this two more times right after.)

2. Trin is quite the pro at walking now, but occasionally she still falls. At home and at Daycare (when Joshua is not around), Trin will simply utter an "Uh Oh" when she falls. She will then get back up and go about her business. However, when Joshua is around, Trin lets the tears freely flow from her eyes while Joshua runs over to her to pat her on the arm and say, "It's okay baby." How does a 13-month-old already know how to play and manipulate an almost-3-year-old boy?? Geesh!

3. The last funny story has more to do with Joshua than Trin. Normally I pick up Trin before Joshua gets picked up, however, this past Tuesday I was running late, so Joshua got to show his Mom who his "baby" was. He said, "Look Mama, my baby!" His mom, not really knowing what Joshua was talking about just said okay. Joshua then said, "No Mama, look, my baby!" Trin's babysitter said to Joshua's Mom, "Joshua is trying to tell you that "his baby" is the girl he is always talking about." His Mom said, "Ohhhh!" Then she took a good look at Trin and said, "Well, at least my son knows how to pick 'em pretty!" hehe

1 comment:

Gram said...

Now listen up, Doll-Baby ~ never forget that DODDY is your first 'boyfriend' and PAPPAW is the second man in your life... it is wayyyyy too early for any LITTLE men in your life... =)

Giggles and Grins, Gram xoxo