Friday, July 17, 2009

Tennessee, Part 3...

*Despite the rain, cold, and haze, we traveled up to one of my favorite places in the Smoky Mountains...Newfound Gap and Clingman's Dome (the latter is the highest point in the Smoky's). The pictures at the top of the Dome aren't great because nothing can be seen, but enjoy them anyway. Tonight is our last night here, so we'll probably have a bonfire after dinner. I'll try and take more pictures. Tomorrow evening we fly home to a lonely CJ. I can't wait to see Trin's reaction when she sees him again. We love and miss you Babe...we'll see you in a little over 24 hours!!!

*Clingman's Dome is below...it's a 1/2 mile hike straight up!!! Trin was either pushed in her stroller or carried on Pappaw's shoulders the entire way up and down, so she sure enjoyed her hike. :)










*Down the mountain about 1,000 feet...a little warmer and sunnier at Newfound Gap. Here is the Tennessee/North Carolina border. I always loved this place as a child (standing in both states at once, of course)!








No comments: