I have two really awesome testimonies to share with all of you...
1. If you are a teacher, you know how important copy machines are!!! Well today, both of the copy machines at my work were broken, which meant no one could make copies for the first "real" day of teaching. I went into the teacher's lounge where one of the copy machines is located, and I laid hands on it and began to pray. I believed since it was a huge deal to my entire school, it would also be a huge deal to God. After I prayed, I tried the copy machine again, but it didn't work. I was a little disappointed, but I thanked God for listening to my prayers and figured there must be a good reason why He wasn't allowing it to work. About 15 minutes later, one of my co-workers walked into my room and shouted, "The copy machine is working! It healed itself!" I looked at her, smiled at God, and said, "Naa...it didn't heal itself...God healed it." Of course she looked at me like I had 3 heads. I went on to say, "I laid hands on the machine and prayed that God would make it work...and He did." She still wasn't too receptive, but I couldn't stop smiling and thanking God. Then, after school in our meeting today, people were saying that both copy machines were broke. I decided to speak up and talk about God again. I said, "No, the copy machine downstairs is working." Once again, someone said, "Oh, it must have healed itself." And once again, I said, "No, God did. I prayed for it to start working again, and 15 minutes later, it worked!" I know I caught everyone by surprise (even though they know I'm a Christian), and I just thought it was so neat that I was able to witness to all of my co-workers today. And praise God for healing the copy machine!!!!
2. As most of you know, CJ just started his very last semester of college yesterday (woo hoo)!!! He found out earlier in the summer that he wasn't getting financial aid for his last semester (thanks to marrying me), nor was he getting his scholarship (the scholarship was being cut from the school's program). Of course we found all of this out right after we decided to move. So we knew finances might be a little tight between August and December. Well, praise God again because he ran into one of the professors at school today that was in charge of the scholarship, and the professor told CJ that his scholarship was being reinstated, and the money would go towards the rest of his unpaid balance!!! What a blessing that is for both of us!
I'm sharing testimony #2 to encourage everyone to tithe if you don't already do so. God has always proven himself faithful to me (and now to CJ and me) in the area of finances/money. We truly believe that if you give what God requires with a cheerful heart, He will always take care of your finances. Money is something that CJ and I try really, really hard to not dwell on or worry about because we know that God provides...and He won't let us down.
2 comments:
Those are such cool stories!! I really like them!! God's really been showering his mercies and blessings on you and CJ. Here's praying for more!! :-)
Amen to that sista!! Leif and started tithing faithfully about 2 years ago. I was a little nervous at first because I thought we wouldn't be able to, but it has truly made a difference!! I just wish more people would believe in Him and trust Him!!
Post a Comment