Triniti turned two months old today and also had her two-month checkup/immunizations. She started off being a big girl, but broke down after getting stabbed three times in her thighs (twice in her left and once in her right). As soon as I picked her up to comfort her, she immediately stopped crying, so I praised her for doing well and told her repeatedly how very proud I was of her.
...then we got home...
My poor Princess...she was in quite a bit of discomfort this afternoon/evening. She cried like she has never cried before. My heart hurt for her (so did CJ's)...we felt so helpless...so we just prayed and believed God would comfort her. She seems to be doing a lot better now. We still want to get her ears pierced this weekend, but I can't help but feel sorry in advance for the pain I know she'll have to endure again when we do that.
On to the "good part" of the checkup...
Triniti is 21 1/4" long, so she has grown 1 1/4" in the past two months...and she weighs exactly 9 pounds, so she has gained 1 lb., 13 oz. since birth. She doesn't even weigh now as much as I did when I was born (I weighed in at a whopping 9 lbs., 7 oz.). She is in the 25th percentile for weight (yes, she's my little peanut), and the pediatrician said she needs to eat more. I have my own opinions about the pediatrician, but I won't get into that.
I'll post pictures of Triniti next to her jungle animal ring at a later date...I was unable to take a picture today, due to her discomfort from the immunizations. I also want to get more pictures of Triniti with her Gram and Pappaw, as my parents arrived from Tennessee last night. They brought her a toy chest to match her furniture, and my Dad put it together today. I'll also post pictures of that soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment